AdventHealth Advanced Registered Respiratory Therapist FT Days in Altamonte Springs, Florida
Respiratory Therapist Advanced/Registered -AdventHealth Altamonte Springs
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Altamonte Springs
- Located north of Orlando in the community of Altamonte Springs, our facility is consistently named “Best Hospital” for overall quality, reputation, doctors and nurses by local residents
- As the largest satellite campus within the AdventHealth system, AdventHealth Altamonte has been providing state-of-the-art healthcare to the community since 1973
- The 398-bed hospital cares for more than 168,000 patients a year. We are proud to be revolutionizing health care with visionary leadership and world-class resources
- Full Time 3 12’s Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Practices standard precautions and enforces safety regulations according to hospital policies on a continual basis.
- Responds to Code Blue emergencies immediately providing CPR according to the American Heart Association guidelines.
- Properly utilizes patient assessment skills, prescriber care plans, chart review, and conferring with multidisciplinary team to determine efficacy of therapy in a cost and time efficient manner making appropriate recommendations and changes per prescriber care plan.
- Initiates, maintains, transports and monitors mechanical ventilators to include conventional and advanced modes of ventilation per policy and procedure.
- Proactively initiates process improvement ideas. Assists with clinical instruction and precepting, and serves as a resource person to lower level therapists.
What You Will Need:
- Associate’s degree from a Respiratory Therapy or Cardiopulmonary Science program
- For Children’s Hospital: Pediatric and Neonatal experience
- Current Valid State of Florida license as a Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- For Cost Center 7630, 7637, 0520, 5040, 4270, 1792, and 9390: Current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification
- For Cost Center 7633: Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification
- For Cost Center 1520 and 3738: Current ACLS, NRP, and PALS certification
- For Cost Center 3604: Current ACLS and PALS certification
- For Cost Center 3604: Current NRP certification (Preferred)
- For Cost Center 0520, 7637, 9390, 5040, 4270, 1792: Current NRP and PALS certification (Preferred)
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.