AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
AdventHealth Medical Group Breast Surgery
Surgical Physician Assistant (PA-C)
Full time inpatient Position and Outpatient Responsibilities
Serving AdventHealth Altamonte Springs
• Performs patient histories and physical exams in the office and hospital setting
• Exhibits autonomy in the operating room when required
• Performs first assistant duties.
• Meets the specific needs of the attending surgeon, often assisting several surgeons in a single practice
• Has exacting knowledge of each surgeon's idiosyncrasies to expedite the procedure and limit patient morbidity and mortality
• Uses knowledge of medical model to promote synergistic relationship between physician and PA
• Post-op- Writes orders in the recovery room, talks with family, visits patients performs post op procedures and more
• Discharge planning – Dictates discharge summaries, writes prescriptions, explain discharge instructions, confirms follow-up appointments and more
• Orders appropriate laboratory and radiographic tests
• Return phone calls from patients
• Performs physical examination of patient's with breast disease in the office setting to formulate a clinical plan of action.
• Assists with minor office procedures such as biopsies, dressing changes as well as drains
• Orders and interpret appropriate diagnostic tests for patient care
• Collaborates with Drs. Devina McCray, Lisa Minton, Walter Hayne, or Jeremy John on every patient case
• Surgery assist based on all providers surgery schedule.
• Uses knowledge of medical model to promote synergistic relationship between the physician and the physician assistant.
• Assists with cancer program metrics and will attend all multidisciplinary tumor conferences except for when on vacation or while on personal leave.
• Collaborates with the office staff as necessary to provide consistent continuity of patient care and support to staff.
• Schedule is Monday – Friday from 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM with some flexibility depending on surgery
• Inpatient and Outpatient responsibilities as needed
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Enthusiastic team player
• Passion for Breast Surgery
• Willingness to learn
• Flexible, adaptable to change
Education and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies
• 1-3 Years of experience as a PA-C in Brest Surgery as a surgical first assist preferred
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida PA-C license
• ANCC, NCCPA (or equivalent) certified
AdventHealth Altamonte Springs was established as the first satellite campus of the Florida Hospital system in 1973 and has grown into the leading health care provider in Seminole County. The 398-bed hospital cares for more than 200,000 patients a year, including 84,000 emergency patients, 23,000 inpatients, 2,500 baby deliveries, approximately 12,000 surgical cases, and 98,171 outpatient procedures. AdventHealth Altamonte Springs is known for its innovative and highly technical care, continually seeks to enhance the patient experience through unique offerings such as a Concierge Service for patients and employees.
AdventHealth is conveniently close to many gorgeous homes, downtown urban living, shopping, and great schools. As one of the most visited American cities, Orlando has world-class attractions including Universal Studios, Walt Disney World, and easy access to both coasts for numerous world renown beaches. Orlando is home to major league soccer (Orlando City Lions), NBA basketball (Orlando Magic) as well as University of Central Florida sports. The city also has many public and private universities and colleges. The Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts hosts variety of musical and theatrical performances throughout the year.
Hospital Website (https://www.adventhealth.com/hospital/adventhealth-orlando)
AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education
Orange County Parks and Recreation (https://www.orangecountyfl.net/cultureparks.aspx)
Seminole County Parks and Recreation
Orange County Florida (https://www.orangecountyfl.net/)
Osceola County Florida
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Req ID: CEL-A018
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: -
Location: Altamonte Springs, FL
Job ID: CEL-A018
Job Family: Physician Services