AdventHealth Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s eleven campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, AdventHealth for Children, East Orlando, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Park, Waterman, Winter Garden, and AdventHealth for Women
AdventHealth Medical Group Colorectal Surgery at Altamonte Springs - Physician Assistant, PA-C
Full-time opportunity located at AdventHealth Altamonte Springs
The PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician(s) who acts as the collaborative practitioner(s), is responsible for:
• Performing health assessments including patient history and physical examination
• Performs diagnostic procedures according to privileges and maintains log.
• Conditions treated include but are not limited to: Anal Abscess/Fistula, Anal Cancer, Colon and Rectal Cancer, Lower GI bleeding, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Diverticular Disease, Ostomy, and Intestinal fistula care.
• Orders, interprets, and incorporates diagnostic tests, studies, and lab values into the plan of care; evaluates effectiveness.
• Formulates appropriate diagnosis based on history, physical examination, and clinical findings.
• Plans and provides care within the framework of policies, unit guidelines and privileges.
• Orders pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies according to privileges.
• Provides ongoing patient/family and staff education.
• Collaborates with all members of the healthcare team including family.
• Documents in a timely and thorough manner.
• Communicates report in an efficient and complete manner.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, staff, and patients.
• Strong communication skills
• Strong medical decision-making skills
• Schedule Details: Monday-Friday; 8am-5pm
• Hospitals covered: AH Altamonte Springs
• Call Required – nights and occasional weekend; includes hospital rounding and overnight Required
Education & Experience:
• Master’s degree in Physician Assistant (PA-C) Studies
• Experience with inflammatory bowel disease and surgical care, wound, ostomy and EC fistula care (preferred)
Licensure, Certification and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida PA-C license
• Current, valid DEA license
• Certification by NCCPA, ANCC or other nationally recognized certification organization
AdventHealth Altamonte Springs was established as the first satellite campus of the Florida Hospital system in 1973 and has grown into the leading health care provider in Seminole County. The 398-bed hospital cares for more than 200,000 patients a year, including 84,000 emergency patients, 23,000 inpatients, 2,500 baby deliveries, approximately 12,000 surgical cases, and 98,171 outpatient procedures. AdventHealth Altamonte Springs is known for its innovative and highly technical care, continually seeks to enhance the patient experience through unique offerings such as a Concierge Service for patients and employees..
AdventHealth is conveniently close to many gorgeous homes, downtown urban living, shopping, and great schools. As one of the most visited American cities, Orlando has world-class attractions including Universal Studios, Walt Disney World, and easy access to both coasts for numerous world renown beaches. Orlando is home to major league soccer (Orlando City Lions), NBA basketball (Orlando Magic) as well as University of Central Florida sports. The city also has many public and private universities and colleges. The Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts hosts variety of musical and theatrical performances throughout the year.
Hospital Website (https://www.adventhealth.com/hospital/adventhealth-altamonte-springs)
Orange County Parks and Recreation
Seminole County Parks and Recreation (http://www.seminolecountyfl.gov/departments-services/leisure-services/)
Orange County Florida
Osceola County Florida (https://www.osceola.org/)
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Req ID: ALT-A033
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: -
Location: Altamonte Springs, FL
Job ID: ALT-A033
Job Family: Physician Services