AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
Family Medicine at Lake Mary, APRN or PA
Full Time Outpatient Position Located in Lake Mary, FL
The APP, under the supervision of the Physicians is responsible for:
• Performs physical examinations of patients, assessment and treatment of injuries or illnesses from newborns through geriatric patients, including women’s health
• Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
• Independent and collaborative medical management of acute and chronic conditions
• Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
• Maintain accurate records and schedules
• Collaborates with physician supervisor and staff, as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
• Educate patients and their families on conditions, disease, epidemics and prevention
• Promote good health practices
• Schedule is flexible, preferrable working 5 days a week
• Call required
• Holiday rotation
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Enthusiastic team player
• Passion for geriatrics
• Passion for pediatrics
• Flexible, adaptable to change
• Must demonstrate excellence in patient focused medical care & delivery of care
Education and Experience Required:
• Master’s degree in Nursing (FNP) or Physician Assistant studies
• 1-2 years of experience preferred
• Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida APRN or PA-C license
• Current, valid DEA license
• ANCC, AANP or NCCPA (or equivalent) certification
• Current BLS required
AdventHealth Altamonte Springs was established as the first satellite campus of the Florida Hospital system in 1973 and has grown into the leading health care provider in Seminole County. The 398-bed hospital cares for more than 200,000 patients a year, including 84,000 emergency patients, 23,000 inpatients, 2,500 baby deliveries, approximately 12,000 surgical cases, and 98,171 outpatient procedures. AdventHealth Altamonte Springs is known for its innovative and highly technical care, continually seeks to enhance the patient experience through unique offerings such as a Concierge Service for patients and employees..
AdventHealth is conveniently close to many gorgeous homes, downtown urban living, shopping, and great schools. As one of the most visited American cities, Orlando has world-class attractions including Universal Studios, Walt Disney World, and easy access to both coasts for numerous world renown beaches. Orlando is home to major league soccer (Orlando City Lions), NBA basketball (Orlando Magic) as well as University of Central Florida sports. The city also has many public and private universities and colleges. The Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts hosts variety of musical and theatrical performances throughout the year.
Orange County Parks and Recreation (https://www.orangecountyfl.net/cultureparks.aspx)
Seminole County Parks and Recreation
Orange County Florida (https://www.orangecountyfl.net/)
Osceola County Florida
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Req ID: ALT-A021-PCP
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.