AdventHealth Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s eleven campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, AdventHealth for Children, East Orlando, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Park, Waterman, Winter Garden, and AdventHealth for Women
AdventHealth Medical Group Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA-C)
Full time Out-patient & In-patient Position Serving AdventHealth Altamonte Springs & Lake Mary
The APP, under the supervision of the Physicians is responsible for:
• Performing physical examinations of patients; evaluation and treatment of injuries or illness of patients with GI related conditions in the hospital and out-patient setting.
• Ordering and interpreting appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
• Treating patients with various conditions related to the full scope of the digestive system, liver functions and esophagus such as GI bleeds, atypical chest pain/GERD, dysphagia, acute hepatitis, gallstone disease, gastroparesis flares, Crohns Disease and Ulcerative Colitis flares
• Monitoring the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
• Collaborating with physician and staff as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
• Displaying a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public.
• Flexibility to cover Altamonte Spring and Lake Mary area.
• Main location: AdventHealth Altamonte Spring
• Call Required - rotation
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients and the public
• Strong communication skills
• Strong medical decision-making skills are a must.
• Flexible and adaptable to change.
• Willingness to learn.
Education and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant Studies
• 2-4 Years of experience as an APRN or PA-C in Gastroenterology and Hepatology preferred
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida APRN or PA-C license
• ANCC, NCCPA (or equivalent) certification
• Current BLS
AdventHealth Altamonte Springs was established as the first satellite campus of the Florida Hospital system in 1973 and has grown into the leading health care provider in Seminole County. The 398-bed hospital cares for more than 200,000 patients a year, including 84,000 emergency patients, 23,000 inpatients, 2,500 baby deliveries, approximately 12,000 surgical cases, and 98,171 outpatient procedures. AdventHealth Altamonte Springs is known for its innovative and highly technical care, continually seeks to enhance the patient experience through unique offerings such as a Concierge Service for patients and employees..
AdventHealth is conveniently close to many gorgeous homes, downtown urban living, shopping, and great schools. As one of the most visited American cities, Orlando has world-class attractions including Universal Studios, Walt Disney World, and easy access to both coasts for numerous world renown beaches. Orlando is home to major league soccer (Orlando City Lions), NBA basketball (Orlando Magic) as well as University of Central Florida sports. The city also has many public and private universities and colleges. The Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts hosts variety of musical and theatrical performances throughout the year.
Hospital Website (https://www.adventhealth.com/hospital/adventhealth-altamonte-springs)
Orange County Parks and Recreation
Seminole County Parks and Recreation (http://www.seminolecountyfl.gov/departments-services/leisure-services/)
Orange County Florida
Osceola County Florida (https://www.osceola.org/)
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Req ID: ALT-A036-DHI-GI-Repl
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: -
Location: Altamonte Springs, FL
Job ID: ALT-A036-DHI-GI-Repl
Job Family: Physician Services