All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
The role you’ll contribute:
The Business Technology Operations Center Supervisor reports directly to the Data Center Manager and is responsible for the supervision, guidance and escalation for a team of highly experienced Business Technology Operations Center Analysts. The supervision, guidance, and escalation including areas Business Technology including Servers, Route/Switch, Security and Wireless technologies. Technologies utilized by the BTOC Analyst including; VMWare, Cisco IOS, Cisco Prime, Cisco Catalyst, Cisco ISE, Firewalls, NetBrain, SolarWinds and Wireless Flex Connect. The position also requires demonstrated competence in LAN/WAN technologies, EIGRP, OSPF, Spanning Tree, SDN (Software Defined Networking), Linux, Microsoft Operating Systems, Intel Server platforms, and VMWare virtualization environments. Under general direction, leads the team in implementing approved changes and projects within the enterprise, enforcing operational standards and processes as well as maintaining daily operating records and required documentation. Identifies problem sources related to operations and effectively communicates with technical support staff to explain and assist with resolving incidents. Leads in initial, elevated, and critical level support for incident resolution and event management. Responsible for predictive analysis of the IT infrastructure to forecast capacity growth to ensure continued operations. Primary On-Call support for service impacting events.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
Examples of the administrative responsibilities for the Business Technology Operations Center (BTOC) Supervisor include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Collaboration - Participate in business planning meetings to understand and recommend the best technical, most cost-effective, network solutions that meet initial capacity, long-term scalability and growth, and performance requirements.
• Change Control - Coordinate and represent the team in the Technical Change Control process and related meetings. Update the team and appropriate individuals regarding changes to the Change Management policy and procedures.
• Mentoring - Work with the Business Technology Data Center Analysts, providing them with both technical and professional guidance. Assist in the management in the development of educational plans and knowledge transfer sessions in order to increase the technical and professional skill level of the team.
• Performance Review Support – Participate in the annual review process at the direction of the Team Leadership, including both written and in-person reviews. This also includes areas of corrective action and development plans.
• Policy and Standards – At the guidance of the Team Leadership, assist in creating the policy and standards that will be used to guide the deployment and support of enterprise network infrastructure. Further, assist in providing the appropriate review and oversight of the developed policies and standards to verify that they are being successfully followed.
• Resource Coordination – In coordination with Team Leadership, provide the required project, support and resource coordination for the Business Technology Data Center Analysts Team. Schedule weekly technical team meetings for the engineers to discuss current projects and support issues, as well as resource assignments.
• Status Reports - Submit weekly status reports to the Data Center Manager that provide a summary of projects, support and administrative topics.
• Team Escalation - Serve as the escalation contact for project and support issues for both team members and for other teams requiring escalation. Function as an escalation contact for Leadership for when the manager is not available.
• Technical Planning - Assist the Manager in the development of strategic roadmaps and related timelines that help position the Business Technology Data Center Analysts Team to meet both the short-term and long-term technical and business-related objectives of the organization. Provide the required technical oversight to guarantee the successful completion of the listed projects and timelines.
• OS Support - Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve operating system issues. Configuring, optimizing, fine-tuning, & monitoring operating systems in accordance with Corporate Standards.
• Incident Management\Problem Management – Solve service delivery and performance problems as it relates to server, virtual infrastructure or data center infrastructure. Maintains accurate information and data regarding end-user issues within the Service Desk tracking system in accordance to policy. Updates tickets/incidents regarding progress on issues. Prevents or identifies root cause of server related issues and implements solutions.
• Change Management – Participates and adheres to established change management policies and processes. Submits change controls when required. Change controls are submitted with the correct information and in a timely manner and work is completed at scheduled.
• Time Management - Works proactively and efficiently to meet project deadlines. Able to prioritize multiple projects and issues and meet deadlines. Completes tasks in a proactive and timely manner. Responds promptly to assignments as requested and keeps commitments to deadlines. Able to achieve established goals and objectives.
• Communications - Actively communicates relevant information to leadership and other team members in a timely manner, taking necessary precautions to guard confidential information. Always keeps others informed. Enters all time in Project Online time accounting system and submits for approval in a timely manner.
• Customer Service - Displays courtesy and sensitivity to clients, able to manage difficult or emotional customer situations. Responds promptly to customer needs or requests for service and assistance. Exhibits tact and consideration when speaking or working with clients, peers, or management. Demonstrates understanding and value of teamwork and works cooperatively in team settings or group situations. Collaborates with peers at the Corporate and Facility level to meet AIT objectives. Helps and supports team members & contributes to building a positive team spirit.
The Technical responsibilities of the Business Technology Operations Center Supervisor include deployment, upgrade and support of the enterprise and facility network infrastructure. Examples of the duties and responsibilities included, but are not limited to, the following:
• Network Infrastructure Support - Provide the required network support of infrastructure network topology architecture, processes and reports. Investigate functionality issues related to application connectivity, security and system configurations. Work with technical application teams in the review, analysis and resolution to network related performance issues.
• Network Administration - Perform the required work associated with network administration, such as the support for installation and configuration of network infrastructure, the onboarding of network devices into monitoring and security platforms, and the implementation of maintenance processes that ensure the continued stability and performance of network systems. Examples of specific tools associated to Network monitoring, troubleshooting and administration include:
o Cisco Prime
o Network Probes and Taps
o Airmagnet and/or Ekahau
o Wireless Troubleshooting
• High-Availability - Work with other application and other technical teams in provide localized high-availability
• Monitoring and Optimization - Manage and participate in the monitoring, optimization and diagnosis of currently deployed network systems. Provide the appropriate documentation to management, detailing the root cause analysis of outages, performance concerns, and propose resolution and optimization options.
• Security - Work closely with the Team Leadership and security teams to review, support, and monitor organizational security initiatives. Provide remediation efforts as needed if vulnerabilities are identified.
• Technical System Support – Collaborate with the Network Analyst Team and Technical Leads and Enterprise Network Engineering Team, Open Systems and other technical teams to plan, deploy, configure, and support the AdventHealth Business Technology Infrastructure. Provide the necessary support in the investigation and resolution of system level issues.
• Administration –
o Actively supervise a team of System Administrators in the support of the Corporate and site Data Centers.
o Implementation of maintenance processes that ensure the continued stability and performance of the hospital’s IT infrastructure.
o Examples of specific tools associated with this administration include:
Symantec Antivirus (Symantec for End Points)
Microsoft Configuration Manager - SCCM
• Infrastructure Architecture - In collaboration with other cross-functional teams, design, implement and support the physical infrastructure that hosts the enterprise and regional systems at AIT.
• Disaster Recovery - Work with other technical teams in the planning and support of the scheduled Disaster Recovery tests for designated mission critical systems.
• Monitoring and Optimization - Manage and participate in the monitoring, optimization and diagnosis of currently deployed infrastructure solutions. Provide the appropriate documentation to management, detailing the root cause analysis of outages, performance concerns, proposed resolution and optimization options.
• Security - Review and update security standards for the infrastructure systems at AIT in relation to organizational and best-practice objectives. Ensure that all data at rest is secure and encrypted according to HiTrust, HIPPA, and SOC requirements.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Proven skills to provide technical, project and professional leadership of a technical team of Enterprise Network Analysts. This includes the facilitation of weekly team meetings, 1-1 meetings with team members, project meetings and support meetings.
• Proven skills in the coordination of team resources for enterprise projects and support tasks. This includes the facilitation of technical project calls, support calls and training sessions.
• Proven skills in providing guidance, mentorship and development of team of Enterprise Network Analysts.
• Proven skills in serving in the role of an escalation contact for a technical operations team.
• Proven skills in Project Management of Network related projects.
• Proven skills in both verbal and written communication.
• Ability to understand and implement LAN/WAN networks including topics such as OSI model, TCP/IP protocols, subnetting, DHCP pools, and Ethernet.
• Proven skills with Cisco platforms such as Cisco Catalyst Switches, Cisco ASR and ISR Routers
• Experience with Cisco Wireless WLC, Access Points, Cisco Prime and Wireless Flex Connect
• Proven skills in discussing and planning application architecture with cross-functional application, business, technical teams and third-party vendors.
• Experience in heterogeneous systems is preferred, including Windows Server, VMWare, Unix/AIX, Linux.
• Well-founded knowledge of systems administration concepts is required, including security, management, deployment, and maintenance of diverse operating system platforms.
• Proven skills in the management of change and guiding the team through the change to meet the objectives of the organization.
• Proven skills in the developing and maintaining successful relationships with third-party application and hardware vendors.
• Proven skills with the compliance of ITIL, ITSM, and HiTrust standards.
• Proven skills in the performance management of the members of the BTOC Systems Administrator Team, which includes aspects such as accountability assignment, review of accountability obtainment, employee development, and performance reviews and management.
• Proven skills in planning, developing, and implementing a strategic architectural roadmap for the BTOC Systems Administrator Team to help achieve organizational goals.
• Proven skills in a breadth of technologies that assist in the support of security initiatives and vulnerability remediations.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
• Technical writing skills.
• Experience with Cisco Voice, Nexus Switches, Cisco ISE, Cisco ASA and Palo Alto Firewalls.
• Experience producing predictive surveys for wireless coverage.
• Effective developing and delivering reports to leadership.
• Strong project management skills.
• Experience with SolarWinds monitoring tools.
• Experience with APC StruxureWare Data Center Expert, Data Center Operation, and Virtual Power Manager
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• B.A or B.S. in a degree such as Computer Science, Information Systems or Information Technology or 8 years related experience.
• Minimum of 8 years in the support of an enterprise network platform in a 24x7 environment, including platforms such as Route Switch, Wireless and Security.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in supporting network infrastructure platforms such as Cisco Switches, ASR and ISR routers, VPN and Wireless Flex Connect.
• Minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in Information Technology is essential, with 2 years being focused on System administration.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Experience working in healthcare or other 24x7 environment.
• College degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education preferred.
• Industry recognized certification in I.T. Systems Administration area. Extensive and proven experience may be substituted for certification where appropriate.
• Experience in a healthcare environment a plus.
• Experience in scripting or programming languages is a preferred, including C or C++, vbscript, & shell scripting.
• Current A+, Server+, Security+, CCNA, CCNP, or CWNA Certification
• Certification in a current or the latest version of Windows Server operating systems, Linux Server operating systems and VMWare virtualization software.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Information Systems
Organization: AdventHealth Information Technology
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23038439
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: -
Location: Altamonte Springs, FL
Job ID: 23038439
Job Family: Information Systems
Shift: 1 - Day