AdventHealth CF-Simulation Technologist - entry level in Altamonte Springs, Florida
Simulation Technologist AdventHealth Altamonte Springs
• Part Time
- EXERCISE/COURSE/SCENARIO COORDINATION: Assists with planning, coordinating, and executing all simulation exercise, courses, conferences and workshops. Manages all aspects of the learning environment before, during and after the simulation exercise/course/scenario encompassing direct interaction with the participants, appropriate adjustments to the scenario, and technical responses of simulator based on participant feedback and actions. Operates all human patient simulator systems, simulation task trainers, associated medical equipment, and computer/audiovisual equipment during training exercises. Facilitates operational and technical aspects of post-exercise debriefings.
- CURRICULUM TECHNICAL DEVELOPMENT: Assists with curriculum development and strategic planning specific to the operational and technical aspects of scenarios/curriculum. Experienced in, and maintains current knowledge of, adult learning principles, industry standards, and best practice for simulated learning.
- CAMPUS/PROGRAM LIAISON: Serves as a liaison to campuses/programs for technical assistance and expertise related to operational and technical aspects of simulators and computer/audiovisual equipment for simulation learning. Provides assistance and guidance to customers for simulated learning preparation, set-up, course/scenario facilitation, debriefing, and post-exercise break down/clean up.
- SIMULATION TECHNICAL TRAINING: Conducts train-the-trainer education sessions to train system/campus/other instructors to operate simulators, computer/audiovisual software and associated equipment. Provides hands-on expertise on simulators and associated equipment as needed.
- DATA COLLECTION: Proficient in AdventHealth’s enterprise-wide simulation IT system. Ensures exercise planning and execution data is captured and standardized. Collects data from completed simulation scenarios. Assists with analysis of data.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- One to three years of experience in simulation operation/education/training, preferably with human patient simulator platforms and audiovisual equipment/operating software.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in simulation/technology/education/business or applicable discipline.
- One to three years of experience in direct patient care within hospital or clinical setting.
- Three to five years of experience in simulation operation/education/training.
- Registered Nurse, Licensed Practice Nurse, or Respiratory Therapist, Paramedic, Emergency Medical Technician, Emergency Department Technician.
- BLS/ACLS/PALS Instructor.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Florida Class E Driver’s License and driving record in accordance with AdventHealth Policy.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Current, valid State of Florida license/certification as an Emergency Medical Technician, Paramedic, Registered Nurse, Licensed Practice Nurse, Respiratory Therapist or National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) certification or NREMT-P (Paramedic).
The Simulation Technologist plans and executes all operational and technical aspects of simulated learning activities, simulation-based education, and scenario-based training for the AdventHealth system and associated programs/partners, including Graduate Medical Education and Adventist University. The System Simulation Technologist develops operational and technical proficiency with all aspects of the operation, maintenance, support, trouble-shooting, implementation, hardware/software updates, and repair of all system simulation labs’ inventory, such as the human patient simulator systems, simulation task trainers, associated medical equipment, and computer/audiovisual systems. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, leading exercise planning with system-wide customers, assisting in scenario development, operating medical simulators and audiovisual equipment during training exercises, debriefing the training audience after exercise completion, and maintaining medical simulators and audiovisual equipment throughout their lifecycle. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.