All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
- Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
The role you’ll contribute:
Under general direction, monitors and supports systems in a 24/7 distributed enterprise client/server data center operations environment utilizing multiple technologies. Guides team in implementing approved changes and projects within the data center, enforcing data center operational standards and processes as well as maintaining daily operating records and required documentation. Identifies problem sources related to data center operations and effectively communicates with technical support staff to explain and assist with resolving incidents. Guides in initial, elevated, and critical level support for incident resolution and event management. Assists with capacity planning research & analysis. Backup on-call support for service impacting events.
· Work Quality and Productivity (10%)
· Complete tasks actively seeking ways to produce high quality, efficient work with minimal margin of error.
· Look for extra work as work load permits.
· Perform duties as assigned or directed in a proactive manner to ensure efficient operation of the department.
· Demonstrate good organizational skills as well as prioritizing and managing time efficiently. Plans and anticipates as required by the situation presented.
· Display a high level of effort and commitment to performing and completing work assignments
· Demonstrate effective problem solving skills.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently prioritizing and managing time effectively.
· Identify improvements in processes to reduce workload and minimize service impacts.
· Maintain an organized and clean work area and Data Center.
· Follow and enforce Data Center Standards and work guidelines.
· This position may require you to be able to take a call during a disaster as defined in Policy CWHR190.
· Infrastructure Activities (25%)
· Maintain knowledge of operational activities within the Data Center and able to articulate them and their status.
· Install & configure equipment racks, KVM switches & power.
· Run & label ethernet & fiber cables from to connect equipment.
· Rack and un-rack all equipment in the Data Center.
· Perform hardware repairs/upgrades to equipment in the Data Center as needed.
· Prepare for Asset Recovery & clean all data off of decommissioned equipment to ensure confidentiality. Inspect all equipment and ensure appropriate erasure.
· Perform scheduled tasks following procedures and using knowledge and judgement.
· Create/update documentation and procedures to maintain accuracy.
· Document Data Center equipment and rack elevations.
· Perform physical inspections of all equipment Data Center and Network Room. Take appropriate action to correct any identified issues.
· Manage and maintain supplies for installing new equipment.
· Incident & Event Management (30%)
· Create incidents including appropriate information.
· Follow incident management standards and processes including timely resolution and documentation.
· Assign incidents to appropriate resources and ensure teams are engaged within the times required by the service and operating level agreements.
· Escalate incidents as needed to ensure resolution.
· Monitor environments for system failures or abnormal conditions and take appropriate action in a timely manner.
· Diagnose alarms and take action to resolve them or escalate to appropriate teams.
· Have knowledge of operational activities and processes within the Data Center and able to articulate them and their status.
· Facilitate gathering of technical teams to support event resolution.
· Maintain accurate information and data regarding events within appropriate tools.
· Actively communicate event activities and status to appropriate personnel.
· Take supporting role for major service impacting events including backup on-call.
· Application & Environment Management (25%)
· Work in Data Center Expert to monitor, manage and apply firmware update of IT environmental equipment such as PDU, UPS, AC and video devices.
· Configure and add devices in Data Center Expert.
· Configure and add devices in Visual Power Manager.
· Work in DS View to discover new KVM switches and systems added to new and existing KVM switches.
· Maintain authority for appropriate personnel to devices in DS View.
· Add/update/remove all equipment configuration in SolarWinds.
· Working knowledge of Service Desk, Generator, UPS, PDU & fire alarm systems.
· Assist in downtime activities including activities.
· Analysis (10%) – Assists with these activities
· Review reports from monitoring tools to ensure systems are being monitored appropriately.
· Evaluate configurations & settings in supported applications and set/correct them according to standards.
· Review health & capacity reports to ensure system performance is within guidelines within the upcoming reporting period.
· Predictive analysis of environment using available tools to reduce service impacting conditions.
· Review Data Center Infrastructure Manager for capacity support and operational health and initiate corrective action for failures & risks.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED :
· Demonstrate a high level of knowledge and understanding of the Data Center Operations team and the Technical Services department, including the technology, processes, and business practices related to the area represented in order to perform job responsibilities and meet customer needs.
· Actively communicate relevant information in a timely manner.
· Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities along with person and professional demands.
· Proficiency in written and oral communication skills.
· Develop documentation for new processes and procedures.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
· Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Knowledge of Linux operating systems.
· Analytical skills to determine incident & event root cause.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
· College degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or 5 years of relevant experience.
· Minimum of 4-6 years of experience in Enterprise Data Center Operations, Enterprise Systems Administrations or equivalent is required.
· Good understanding of Infrastructure Monitoring tools, concepts and processes.
· Good understanding of operating systems and concepts.
· Proven experience with troubleshooting initial, elevated and critical level support incidents.
· Data center cabling and power concepts & technologies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Good understanding of networking concepts & technologies including LAN/WAN technologies, network equipment, protocols & other communication systems.
· Experience leading problem analysis and resolution
· Experience with SolarWinds monitoring tools.
· Experience with APC StruxureWare Data Center Expert and Data Center Operation.
· Experience with Eaton Visual Power Manager.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
· A+ certification. Extensive and proven experience may be substituted for certification where appropriate.
· Server+ certification. Extensive and proven experience may be substituted for certification where appropriate.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Industry recognized certifications in IT Systems Administration such as Server, Network & ITIL are preferred.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Information Systems
Organization: AdventHealth Information Technology
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23039472
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $25.125 - $37.688
Location: Altamonte Springs, FL
Job ID: 23039472
Job Family: Information Systems
Shift: 1 - Day