AdventHealth CT Technologist II in Altamonte Springs, Florida
* CT Tech II – FT – Altamonte *
* Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth - Altamonte *
- Located north of Orlando in the community of Altamonte Springs, our facility is consistently named “Best Hospital” for overall quality, reputation, doctors and nurses by local residents
- As the largest satellite campus within the AdventHealth system, AdventHealth Altamonte has been providing state-of-the-art healthcare to the community since 1973
- The 398-bed hospital cares for more than 168,000 patients a year. We are proud to be revolutionizing health care with visionary leadership and world-class resources
- Full Time
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Performs all exams, including the most difficult, using AdventHealth CT protocols. Uses AdventHealth policy for proper identification of patient prior to performing exam. Educates patient concerning exam. Properly screens patients for any contrast allergies.
- Completes all exams in a timely manner, keeps work flow moving, minimizes empty table time. Follows through after completing exam with communication, transportation and discharge of OP’s.
- Performs all types of imaging procedures and operates all equipment safely and properly including scanners, injectors and monitors. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills to perform scans on patients on all ages, adapting protocols as necessary.
- Properly screens patients of childbearing age and operates all imaging equipment in a safe manner minimizing radiation exposure to patients, families, and co-workers.
- Reviews all images of all exams, repeating sequences as necessary for best possible result; assists others in these decisions.
What You Will Need:
- Florida State License- general radiographer
- ARRT – R
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- AS, AA and/or BS in a healthcare related discipline (Preferred)
- Prior CT experience on GE CT scanners (Preferred)
- Prior CT experience (Preferred)
- ARRT – CT (Preferred)
Under general supervision, primary duties include imaging both neuro and body scans on patients from neonate to geriatric, following the age specific guidelines of AH parameters, transmitting images for diagnostic interpretation, and keeping the hospital computer system up to date with the progress of these exams. The CT technologist actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all, while implementing the principles of AdventHealth. The tech II position accepts additional duties in the department, such as keeping, counting and recording of statistics, tracking and ordering supplies, performing complicated 3D and CTA workstation studies, overseeing smooth operations of campus locations, performing the more difficult exams, teaching students/new technologists and other tasks as assigned by the department manager.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Altamonte Springs
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.