AdventHealth CT Technologist - Oviedo ED - Part Time in Altamonte Springs, Florida
* CT Tech - AdventHealth - Oviedo *
* Work Hours/Shift: * Part Time Sat-Sun 7a-7p
* You Will Be Responsible For: *
- Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlines in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program.
- Performs all exams using ADVENTHEALTH CT protocols. Uses ADVENTHEALTH policy for proper identification of patient prior to performing exam. Educates patient concerning exam. Properly screens patients for any contrast allergies. (Exam supervision and Administration)
- Completes all exams in a timely manner, keeps work flow moving, and minimizes empty table time. Follows through after completing exam with communication, transportation and discharge of OP’s. (Personal Productivity and Accountability)
- Performs all types of imaging procedures and operates all equipment safely and properly including scanners, injectors and monitors. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills to perform scans on patients on all ages, adapting protocols as necessary. (Clinical Competence)
- Properly screens patients of childbearing age and operates all imaging equipment in a safe manner minimizing radiation exposure to patients, families, and co-workers. Practices infection control standards and utilizes approved PPE and disinfectant agents. Maintains properly stocked, organized and clean room. Performs QA on CT scanners. Employee job duties may include transport of pharmaceutical waste from the point of generation to a designated secure storage area. Employee will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling pharmaceutical waste) to include proper handling and transport of pharmaceutical waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment. (Safety and the Environment of Care
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
·Associate's degree or Technical degree in a related field, or combination of High School degree and related experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
·Two years hospital-based clinical Radiology experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
·Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
·Completion of radiologic technology training and A.R.R.T. registration
·General radiographer state license as required by state if applicable
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
·Computed Tomography A.R.R.T.(CT) certification
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Oviedo ER
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.