All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
$7,500 Sign-on Bonus
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time (36/hr per week)
Shift : All Shifts Available
The community you’ll be caring for:
Location: 601 E. Altamonte, Altamonte Springs, FL
· Located north of Orlando in the community of Altamonte Springs, our facility is consistently named “Best Hospital” for overall quality, reputation, doctors and nurses by local residents
· As the largest satellite campus within the AdventHealth system, AdventHealth Altamonte has been providing state-of-the-art healthcare to the community since 1973
· The 398-bed hospital cares for more than 168,000 patients a year. We are proud to be revolutionizing health care with visionary leadership and world-class resources
The role you’ll contribute:
Under general supervision, primary duties include imaging both neuro and body scans on patients from neonate to geriatric, following the age specific guidelines of FH parameters, transmitting images for diagnostic interpretation, and keeping the hospital computer system up to date with the progress of these exams. The CT technologist actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all, while implementing the principles of Florida Hospital.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
· Florida State License- general radiographer
· ARRT – R
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED :
· Ability to communicate effectively and work with people of various diverse backgrounds
· Knowledge of CT procedures
· Knowledge of CT scanners
· Ability to learn and grow with new technology
· Customer Service skills
· CT Safety including radiation protection
· ARRT - CT
· AS or BS degree in Radiological Technology
· Prior CT experience on GE CT scanners
· General computer skills and PACS
· Basic IV competency
· General physics and anatomy
· CT experience
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlines in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program.
· Performs all exams using FH CT protocols. Uses FH policy for proper identification of patient prior to performing exam. Educates patient concerning exam. Properly screens patients for any contrast allergies. (Exam supervision and Administration)
· Completes all exams in a timely manner, keeps work flow moving, and minimizes empty table time. Follows through after completing exam with communication, transportation and discharge of OP’s. (Personal Productivity and Accountability)
· Performs all types of imaging procedures and operates all equipment safely and properly including scanners, injectors and monitors. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills to perform scans on patients on all ages, adapting protocols as necessary. (Clinical Competence)
· Properly screens patients of childbearing age, and operates all imaging equipment in a safe manner minimizing radiation exposure to patients, families, and co-workers. Practices infection control standards, and utilizes approved PPE and disinfectant agents. Maintains properly stocked, organized and clean room. Performs QA on CT scanners. Employee job duties may include transport of pharmaceutical waste from the point of generation to a designated secure storage area. Employee will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling pharmaceutical waste) to include proper handling and transport of pharmaceutical waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment. (Safety and the Environment of Care)
· Reviews all images of all exams, repeating images as necessary for best possible result. (Image Quality and Documentation)
· Uses computer system for ordering, changing, and canceling exams according to protocol. Confirms order matches exam before pushing to PACS or correctly ‘fixes’ exams on workstation or PACS. (Data Processing)
· Assists with collection of data for all KPI’s, Six Sigma Projects realizing final goals of department. Participates on Teams as asked, participates in Gallup. Utilizes Service Recovery techniques for patients and families as needed. (Performance Improvement)
· Consistently attends department meetings or other mandatory meetings with positive attitude toward department and others. Listens and is responsible for knowing content. (Department Meeting Attendance)
· If working as an MRI Tech in an MRI cost center with the responsibilities under Job Class MRI, EMRI, NMRI, or WMRI, the duties of the MRI Job Description for MRI Tech I apply.
May perform waived and/or non-waived Point of Care Testing. If performing non-waived Point of Care Testing, as defined in AHCA rule 59A-7.034, must have approved competency and documented
· proof (copy of either diploma or transcript, at the highest level of academic achievement) at the time of Florida Hospital non-waived Point of Care training.
· Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Organization: AH Altamonte Springs
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 24004118
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $27.77 - $41.65
Location: Altamonte Springs, FL
Job ID: 24004118
Job Family: Radiology/Imaging
Shift: 1 - Day