AdventHealth Director Strategic Program Management Health Equity in Altamonte Springs, Florida
Location Address: Altamonte Springs, Florida
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Corporate
- Great benefits
- Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
- Career growth and advancement potential
- Full-Time, Monday – Friday
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Oversee and lead strategic and operational activities related to providing analytics, project management and health equity support for the system.
- Engages in projects to develop structural capability as well as solving specific business problems.
- Serves as a leasing in health equity for division and campus-level leadership, effectively translating and communicating technical work and impacts to health care system and clinical care.
- Provides direct supervision for the health equity senior analyst. Provides indirect supervision and mentoring to other matrix reporting relationships as necessary.
- Responsible for the identification of internal disparity data in AdventHealth, working closely with the Executive Director and Sr. Analyst. Work to identify health disparities in outcome data, managing relationships with analytics teams to ensure data is accurate, valid and sound.
- Work to develop the Health Equity dashboard, developing a cadence for review, working to incorporate into AH clinical close and dissemination with market leaders.
- Ensure Data Analysis is completed with accuracy, and at a regular cadence. Work to ensure data is issued in meaningful reports for other directors and leaders to utilize.
- Responsible for programmatic leadership of health equity initiatives, guided by the Health Equity Cabinet and working closely with the Executive Sponsors and project teams of AdventHealth strategic initiatives, the Chief Equity Officer, Executive Director and operational leaders company-wide.
- Drive development of strategic initiatives by structuring complex issues into phased workstreams, clear deliverables and action plans. Ensure project goals and objectives are achieved within the project scope and timeframe established by the Executive Director. Develop and present comprehensive and strategic business value propositions and plans to support the strategic initiatives identified by the Executive Director.
- Manages agendas by collecting, prioritizing and completing follow-up activities related to agenda items by coordinating and communicating with senior executives and other leaders. Manages the calendar of the Health Equity Cabinet to ensure that strategic topics are brought for review in alignment with project timelines.
- Serves as an active business partner with the team of executives working in concert with the Chief Health Equity Officer and Executive Director in the execution agendas and strategy and leadership of departments and initiatives.Represents the Executive Director in select meetings and collects information from meetings, briefings as needed.
Aligns with the Executive Director in development, management and execution of critical projects and touchpoints with entities (internal and external), budget preparation and ongoing tracking, progress/milestone accountability and reporting to Boards, committees, internal and external audiences.
On behalf of the Chief Health Equity Officer, manage correspondence dealing with issues and subject matter in ways that often requires considerable sensitivity, discretion, judgment or negotiation in replying to inquiries, keeping the CHEO and Executive Director abreast of all pertinent developments. Partner with corporate communications in the development of communication strategies for major initiatives and serve as a conduit of information and communication from the office of the Chief Health Equity Officer as applicable, to senior leaders, departments and, in conjunction with the Corporate Communications team, to the organization at-large.
- Work with senior leaders on the development of proposals that will meet Executive Director’s expectations and standards. Create visual representations (i.e. mind maps) of critical initiatives and other models as required. Act as a resource to assist in the analysis of projects and initiatives. Prepares written briefs on decisions for the Chief Health Equity Officer and senior leadership team including analyzing the pros and cons of options and business impact (cost, profits, people, culture).
- Identify and respond to issues and risks, own and provide expedient follow through to action or resolution as applicable, communicating accordingly and appropriately.
- Research and obtain relevant market, demographic, geographic, regulatory and industry data to develop cogent assessments of external business and market factors, in concert with internal financial and operational models and projections.
What You Will Need:
- MBA or equivalent
- 5+ years management experience or equivalent
- Experience working with diverse teams, managing major events and projects
- Experience and/or understanding of how BI tools work and their capabilities, how insights are drawn, and general concepts of data modeling.
- Experience in health care and health data, including EMRs.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Demonstrated ability to conduct primary and secondary research and to analyze and synthesize data from multiple sources independently without supervision.
- Demonstrates ability to perform analyses and quickly discern information from data to aid in operational efficiency
- Ability to design, structure, implement and oversee multiple projects and teams simultaneously and effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and external parties, including executives, employees, physicians and consumers.
- Ability to identify opportunities and solve problems.
- Comfort with ambiguity and creating structure.
- Demonstrated background in strategic analysis and planning.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to organize and synthesize a broad set of information.
- Excellent judgment, analytical and interpersonal skills, and written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of business management.
- Ability to work in a matrix-management environment to achieve organizational goals.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of the general principles and practices of healthcare administration and the healthcare industry
- Expert proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and proficiency in Visio, Mind Maps, and databases
Director Strategic Program Management Health Equity is responsible for developing and leading comprehensive methods to direct the execution of multiple and interrelated programs and top initiatives required for the achievement of AdventHealth’s health equity efforts. The director must foster a culture of data-driven decision-making, overseeing the measurement and analysis of strategically-selected health outcomes, experience and the cost of care to inform health equity strategies. The primary focus being a critical look at internal data sets to establish a clear and comprehensive understanding of AdventHealth’s internal clinical data. Ensures an effective program of training and competency-evaluation exists to enable capabilities within markets and other corporate services functions. . This critical role is accountable for system-wide program oversight, prioritized escalation, timeline visibility and knowledge transfer. Programs and initiatives may include, but are not limited to, health equity dash board, large-scale transformations, training development and roll out, technical implementations and mission integration and fulfillment. The director must collaborate with executives and leaders across all corporate functions and operational divisions to facilitate, coordinate and implement the portfolio of strategic initiatives that have been prioritized by Health Equity leadership. This individual must have the mental agility to be both a strategic thinker and a tactical leader, capable of understanding and communicating alignment of initiatives to AdventHealth’s Vision 2030 as well as project objectives, value propositions and resource requirements.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Government Relations
Organization: AdventHealth Corporate
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.