All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One
· Career Development
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
· Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift : Monday-Friday
Job Location : Remote
The role you’ll contribute:
The Evidence Based Medicine Clinical Coordinator is responsible for facilitating and supporting the design and implementation of Evidenced Based Medicine within the electronic health record across all AdventHealth venues of care, including Acute, Post-Acute, Long-Term, Home Health, Hospice, Urgent Care and Ambulatory facilities. The coordinator works closely with subject matter experts including physician and nurse leaders and members of multidisciplinary clinical consensus councils to identify unwarranted care variation and facilitate collaboration to incorporate current evidence based practices, regulatory guidelines and/or practice based evidence. AdventHealth (AH) multidisciplinary clinical consensus councils serve as the enduring consensus forums used to facilitate the planning, design and deployment of Evidenced Based Medicine.. The Clinical Coordinator facilitates alignment and normalization of disparate clinical content, ensuring consistency across AdventHealth.. The coordinator serves as the collaborator for standardized clinical pathways, physician order sets, nurse protocols, clinical documentation as well as other clinical standards. The coordinator works directly Evidence Based medicine leadership and clinical consensus council members to monitor the key performance measures that align with the AH expected clinical outcomes. The coordinator ensures order/documentation pathways are aligned/updated based on identified priority and maintained on a timely basis. The coordinator maintains documentation of Evidenced Based Medicine key decisions, agendas, opportunity analysis, design documents as well as evidenced based practice literature. The coordinator works collaboratively engaging AH clinical experts and physician leaders to influence and propel Evidenced Based Medicine initiatives forward.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
· Works with system leaders, Program Directors, CMOs, Medical Directors, Medical Group leadership, Pharmacists and other clinical leaders to formulate care quality goals and identify desired outcomes in accordance with AH Clinical's agenda and standards of care.
· Facilitates identification and documentation of current processes and existing order pathways, obtaining evidence based literature for best practices to improve patient outcomes. Understands and easily communicates performance variation.
· Develops draft content, revises and maintains orders in EMR,
· Coordinates the preparation of materials, curation of evidence, order sets, pathways and clinical documentation in advance of each multidisciplinary clinical council of subject matter experts
· Assists clinical leadership in preparing clinical standards, pathways, educational materials, and recommendations to AdventHealth Clinical governing bodies.
· Identifies gaps in implementation of Evidenced Based Medicine and provides facility support as necessary
· Validates best practice documentation and orders in the electronic medical record to assist AH facilities in meeting Evidenced Based Medicine standards and care deliverables.
· Serves as point of contact for EMR provider education for clinical workflow relative to Evidence Based Medicine and for regulatory requirements that require integration into order sets, panels, treatment or therapy plans.
· In accordance with the maintenance review schedule for evidence based order sets and other clinical content, assesses the priorities of updates and ensures reviews are completed with the supporting documentation.
· Provides continuous support and instruction for clinicians, coworkers, and others in use of appropriate software tools
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE STRONGLY PREFERRED
· Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to listen well and influence others toward common objectives.
· Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple initiatives in a matrixed organization to accomplish the goals and objectives for each initiative.
· Demonstrates knowledge of quality improvement/change management techniques with the ability to lead the implementation of new models of care that will meet the anticipated objectives and goals.
· Exercises sound judgment and critical thinking skills to assist in prioritization of the work products. This includes the ability to discern when additional Executive or clinician Dyad leader support is needed.
· Demonstrates skills in assessing an organization's performance and in developing/analyzing process flows that comprise current state and proposed future states.
· Demonstrates a positive, confident attitude that contributes to the overall morale of team members and builds continuity/alignment across AdventHealth.
· Demonstrates a supportive role in all interactions with the AdventHealth markets, remaining highly engaged, energetic and focused on deployment and the achievement of AdventHealth's clinical goals.
· Ability to understand major objectives/high level concepts and break them down into meaningful actionable items.
· Able to effectively balance needs and influence decisions that are in the best interests of patients.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and work well as a team with physicians and clinical staff at all levels of the organization.
· Strong computer skills in Microsoft suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and other related products.
· Proficient computer skills in an electronic medical record system (Cerner or Epic) •In-depth knowledge of nursing practice and physician clinical workflow.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· Registered Nurse, Bachelor's Degree and 7+ years experience
· 7-8 years of progressive nursing experience in hospitals or post-acute/ambulatory services
· Minimum of two years providing support in EMR
· Progressive clinical and administrative experience, including development and implementation of specific clinical initiatives (i.e., project management)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
· Demonstrated facilitation skills in healthcare improvement committees.
· Subject matter expertise in designing, implementation of new features/functions in an electronic medical record
· Project Management experience
· Prosci ADKAR Certification
· Project Management Certification
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Registered Nurse
· Communication Skills: Exhibits excellent oral and written communication skills
· Critical Thinking: Methodically analyzes and evaluates business problems by defining the challenges, identifying alternatives, and making timely decisions
· Develops Self: Understands own strengths and development needs, learns from experience, and owns personal development
· Manages to Results: Contributes to the successful realization of goals and demonstrates accountability for goal realization
· Problem Solving: Identifies and solves problems using data collection methods, analysis, experience, and judgment
· Service Orientation: Listens to and understands the customer, anticipates customer needs, and gives high priority to customer satisfaction
· Subject Matter Expertise: Possesses deep clinical knowledge and specialized skill set pertaining to the job function
· Teams with Others: Creates an environment that values individual perspectives while driving towards common goals; assists teammates as necessary
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Quality/Clinical Effectiveness
Organization: AdventHealth Corporate
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23041783
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $33.77 - $50.65
Location: Altamonte Springs, FL
Job ID: 23041783
Job Family: Quality/Clinical Effectiveness
Shift: 1 - Day