AdventHealth Hospitalist Registered Nurse FT Days in Altamonte Springs, Florida
Hospitalist RN AdventHealth Altamonte Springs
- Located north of Orlando in the community of Altamonte Springs, our facility is consistently named “Best Hospital” for overall quality, reputation, doctors and nurses by local residents
- As the largest satellite campus within the AdventHealth system, AdventHealth Altamonte has been providing state-of-the-art healthcare to the community since 1973
- The 398-bed hospital cares for more than 168,000 patients a year. We are proud to be revolutionizing health care with visionary leadership and world-class resources
- Full Time: M-F 8a-5p
- Liaises between Care Management and Hospitalist providers, working collaboratively to solve patient challenges which includes, but not limited to, financial barriers, religious beliefs and cognitive issues. Acts as an escalation team for Floor Care Managers.
- Follows-up on any outstanding diagnostic test results, pending consults, patient requests or barriers for discharge. Avoids delay by ensuring test results are available for review and decision making.
- Connects with Hospitalist providers each day to review discharge plans on all patients. Identifies patients that have a discharge delay and identifies barriers to discharge. Works with providers to facilitate safe and appropriate discharges. Collaboratively manages interdisciplinary patient discharge plan. Effectively communicates across continuum of care.
- Participates in outlier meetings as appropriate. Communicates information with providers and facilitates changes in plan of care as directed by physician.
- Shadows all new contracted Hospitalist providers. Performs chart audits and helps identify areas for additional education or information sharing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Three to five years of experience as a RN
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Acute care experience
- Experience in Case Management, Managed Care, Discharge Planning and Utilization Management
- Case Management training
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current valid Florida State Licensure as a RN
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Case Management certification (American Case Management Association - ACMA/Case Management Society of America - CMSA)
The Hospitalist RN functions in a supportive role to the contracted Hospitalist Physicians/Providers. The Hospitalist RN partners with the contracted Hospitalist MD/Provider and the Care Management Team to manage escalated issues and complex cases in an effort to help facilitate patient throughput and appropriate discharge placement. This role actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.