AdventHealth IT Continuity and Facilities Planner in Altamonte Springs, Florida
IT Continuity/Facility Planner
AdventHealth Information Technology
Location Address: Inspiration Avenue, Altamonte Springs FL
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Corporate
· Great benefits
· Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
· Career growth and advancement potential
· Award-winning IT Department
Full-Time, Monday – Friday
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Self-Management (5%)
· Demonstrates the ability to adapt work activities to sudden or unexpected changes, delays and events that directly impact current work assignments, project schedules and/or timelines.
· Accepts accountability for own actions and always working to improve individual performance ensuring the best job possible at all times. Recognizes need and demonstrates a willingness to work extended hours or offer assistance as necessary to complete projects or resolve critical events.
· Volunteers readily and seeks increased responsibilities willingly in support of the company and team goals. Submits suggestions for improving work processes and the work place. Develops innovative approaches and ideas to solve repetitive problems.
· Works independently of direct supervision from manager or designated team lead. Displays ability and willingness to make sound decisions in accordance with company policies and guidelines.
· Approaches others in a tactful, professional manner treating them with respect and consideration. Reacts well under pressure, demonstrates appropriate behavior under stressful situations, able to remain in control of personal emotions at all times.
· Delivers high quality work, demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness in each task. Searches for methods to improve processes while promoting quality among team.
· Completes assigned tasks in a timely manner. Responds promptly to assignments with the ability to establish and meet project and individual goals and objectives as required.
· Interpersonal (5%)
· Demonstrates ability to work ethically and with integrity, upholding all organizational values, always treating others with honesty, forgiveness, mild tempered, pleasantness, proper speech, and with kindness and respect.
· Demonstrates a general understanding of business decisions and impacts on patient care and financial applications with an orientation towards efficiency and the company’s Mission goals, patient safety and regulatory requirements.
· Consistently and promptly communicates project and event status information to manager or designated team lead and other team members in a timely, clear manner, taking necessary precautions to guard confidential or sensitive information.
· Maintains objectivity during difficult situations and encourages open communications to resolve individual conflicts. Able to control emotions and confront and resolve difficult circumstances with impartiality.
· Establishes and maintains effective, positive work relationships with team members. Exhibits tact and consideration when speaking or working with clients, peers, or management. Works cooperatively in team settings and group situations.
· Demonstrates ability to balance professional and mission responsibilities along with personal issues and demands.
· Demonstrates strong understanding and value of teamwork. Offers assistance and support to team members and contributes to building a positive team spirit. Demonstrates sensitivity inherent to diversity of people on team.
· Displays courtesy and sensitivity to clients, able to manage difficult or emotional customer situations. Responds promptly to customer needs or requests for service and assistance. Builds customer confidence and reliance.
· DR General Skills (30%)
· Develops and maintains project plans, recovery plans, test schedules and other project related documentation.
· Demonstrates proficient technical knowledge in areas of assigned systems including applications, technology, and business/operational practices.
· Demonstrates ability to effectively utilize working knowledge of operating systems, networks, web, operations, databases, telecommunications, and desktop technology to identity issues and communicate with project team and customer.
· Demonstrates ability to work well with people at all levels in the organization. Demonstrates verbal ability to analyze issues and effectively present ideas and views to various audiences of all levels. Demonstrates ability to lead group efforts toward the resolution of complex problems in a professional, courteous, and impartial manner.
· Successfully assesses project risks and formulates mitigation plans, and delivers successful projects in a timely and cost-efficient manner as shown by project statistics.
· Maintains an active, working cellular phone at all times in order to support the technology systems and services of our hospitals. Position requires that employee must have and maintain the ability to make and receive business related phone calls and text messages 24 hours a day, seven days per week.
· Acknowledges receipt of all service alerts or pages within 4 minutes of receiving a service call or text when on-call and must engage in problem diagnostics of the server or services within 1 hour of receiving a service call or text when on-call. On-call administrator will accept ownership of event when appropriate and coordinate all repairs as necessary to return the server or application to it’s previous, normal operating condition as quickly as possible.
· Prepares technical documentation as required to provide information to other team members on appropriate server procedures with regards to implementation and support. Maintains an effective and accurate information resource library to include software, system documentation, disaster recovery procedures and related networking standards.
· DR Advanced Skills (10%)
· Maintains accurate configuration and environment documentation regarding system issues within the CA incident tracking system. Updates tickets/incidents regarding progress on issues, closes assigned incidents in timely manner. Notifies manager promptly of critical events that impact production or other critical environments.
· Works with department Manager to development and recommend short and long term technology roadmaps and industry best practices and trends as they relate to the server infrastructure.
· Develops server configuration standards, sizing specifications, and infrastructure designs to meet application specifications at recovery center.
· Proposes and coordinates the purchase, installation, implementation, and configuration of hardware and software as required to ensure system accuracy and availability at recovery center.
· Maintains and coordinates with each application and technical team recovery documentation for each designated system.
· Recognizes and identifies potential areas during recovery testing that need adjustments to ensure proper environments exists at all times.
· Ensures each technical team coordinates system changes and upgrades to maintain consistency between production environments and the recovery center. Performs other duties as necessary or as assigned.
· Interfaces with external vendors, auditors and regional technical personnel to solve technical problems, prepare post incident reports, develop best practices, troubleshoot problems, and resolve related technical issues.
· Engineering and Architectural Support (30%)
· Works with local, regional, and vendor based technical staff to coordinate and complete all tasks required to support active projects.
· Demonstrates knowledge of AHS-IS technical infrastructure standards and serves as technical resource to the Department of Technology Planning and Architecture and the Multi-State Division.
· Assures that AHS-IS application and infrastructure standards are utilized in construction projects. Guides facility, architect, and engineer personnel in this regard. In the event exceptions may be required, assesses impact and makes recommendations to AHS-IS technology committee(s) and the local facilities.
· Participates in conducting site surveys and documents existing equipment and systems for construction projects. Provides local facilities with a list of any non-conforming equipment or systems. Takes direction from local facilities and/or AHS-IS for replacement or resolution of any non-conforming equipment or systems.
· Constructs and maintains infrastructure and technology standards to support AHS-IS and the Multi-State Division.
· Supports the local facilities in terms of creating the IT component of the construction project budget.
· Supports Enterprise Architecture with the development of comprehensive solution architectures, ROI, costs, benefits and audits to ensure compliance.
· Project Management (15%)
· Prepares training plans and completes staff training as required to implement projects and orient new staff.
· Works with local network staff to make scheduling decisions for network upgrades or changes required to support active projects.
· Confers with and advises lower level technicians on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities and methods. Maintains appropriate administrative records.
· Leads and/or participates in special projects.
· Follows formal project methodology to develop and fully document project plans which includes defined business need, project scope, benefits/risks, technical implementation aspects, alternatives considered, assumptions, expenditures, communication plan, and project schedule (work breakdown structure).
· Communicates project status and progress to project stakeholders, project managers and supervisor.
· Completes projects on time within established or negotiated deadlines and within established budget.
· Performs post project implementation review (lessons learned) and identifies areas for improvement.
· Performs project reporting in accurate and timely manner.
· Leadership (5%)
· Provides vision and inspiration to team subordinates. Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
· Analyzes and forecasts staffing needs. Exhibits sound interviewing skills and provides quality feedback for interview sessions.
· Exhibits confidence in self and others. Inspires respect and trust from peers, subordinates, and management.
· Displays passion and optimism towards work and work environment. Shows courage to take action and motivates others to perform well.
· Sets own goals and objectives to achieve mission. Displays commitment and overcomes resistance to realize objectives.
· Communicates changes effectively, while providing well defined implementation plans for proposed changes. Prepares and provides support to those affected by change.
· Contributes to the development of skills and expertise of all team subordinates. Makes self-available to associates, including them in all planning and development work, accepting and encouraging their input.
Takes responsibility for activities of subordinates, effectively delegating project resources, work tasks and support roles to each team member to ensure a smooth and continuous work flow and team continuity.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED :
· Project planning skills.
· Proficiency in written and oral communication skills.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
· Strong interpersonal skills with a positive and enthusiastic “can do” attitude.
· Ability to gather, analyze, report and present information.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Analytical skills to determine incident & event root cause.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
· College degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or 7 years of relevant experience.
· Minimum of 7-9 years of experience in IT systems and network administration.
· Experience supporting Windows operating systems.
· Experience supporting Linux operating systems.
· IT cabling and power concepts & technologies.
· Demonstrated knowledge of building design and construction projects.
· Technical knowledge and experience with related building technologies including security and building controls.
· Technical knowledge and experience with infrastructure technologies including network, voice and end user devices.
· Experience with networking concepts & technologies including LAN/WAN technologies, network equipment, protocols & other communication systems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· 3 years of experience in a healthcare information systems management role.
· 3 years operational experience in a hospital setting.
· IT construction related experience.
· Experience with SolarWinds monitoring tools.
· Change management experience.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
· A+ certification. Extensive and proven experience may be substituted where appropriate.
· Server+ certification. Extensive and proven experience may be substituted where appropriate.
· Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification. Extensive and proven experience may be substituted for certification where appropriate.
· Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP). Extensive and proven experience may be substituted where appropriate.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Microsoft Certified Professional certifications.
· VMware Certified Professional certifications.
· PMI Certifications.
· BICSI structured cabling certifications.
· Industry recognized certifications in ITIL.
· Industry recognized certifications in IT Systems Administration such as Server & Network.
Under general direction, responsible for managing the administration, maintenance development and implementation of recovery policies and procedures to ensure organization meets the disaster recovery objectives. Assists technical and clinical teams in the design, creation and maintenance of information technology project plans. Assists test teams in creating test plans and testing efforts. Direct or influence technology planning including cost information for major construction projects to ensure that the infrastructure will support the IT needs. Work with local facilities to ensure that AHS application and infrastructure standards are followed. Create and maintain a master inventory of standard equipment including pricing.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.