YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Licensed Practical Nurse LPN Nights Specialized Staffing Team Hospice
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Paid Days Off
· Career Development
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time, 36 hours per week
Shift : Nights with some weekends 6:45pm-7am
Location: A ll of Orange, Osceola, and Seminole Counties. Main campus office is in Altamonte Springs.
The community you’ll be caring for:
Faith based and Mission driven agency
One-on-one patient care in the patient’s home environment
Joint Commission Deemed Status accredited agency
Competitive pay with no state income tax
Commitment to workplace wellness and exceptional health and benefits offerings
The role you’ll contribute:
The Specialized Staffing Nurse Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for providing one-on-one skilled nursing care for assigned patients on hospice care in private homes or in skilled nursing facilities/assisted living facilities, in compliance with hospice, State and Federal regulatory and licensure standards. The Licensed Practical Nurse will also complete training to be available to work in the In Patient Unit (IPU) and in the field as a flex nurse/”runner”.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
Provides skilled nursing care to hospice patients requiring crisis care or visits in private homes, skilled nursing facilities and assisted living facilities and also in the inpatient unit setting. (85%)
· Assesses the assigned patient’s conditions and symptoms which have created the need for crisis care, a routine or PRN visit, or general in patient level of care if patient in the IPU. Visits may also include Active Daily Living (ADL) visits to patients needing baths or ADL assistance.
· Provides nursing care and comfort, such as takes vitals, administer medication, feed, bathe change clothes and/or bedding, dress wounds and provide other palliative care as indicated on the written plan of care for assigned patient.
· Provides support and education to the family and/or caregiver.
· Appropriately communicates with supervisory RN (Triage, Case Manager or Patient Care Manager) regarding symptom management issues, changes in patient’s condition, safety issues or other patient care concerns.
· Completes all required documentation, including medication profile, for the patient’s medical record.
· Ensures all charting documents patient’s condition, medications administered, changes in condition, requests and responses for directives from supervisor and others in authority, any safety issues and the education and instructions given to caregivers.
· Performs postmortem procedures upon death of patient, per Hospice of the Comforter policy and procedure, including completion of required documentation.
· Provides brief respite for the caregivers during shift, as needed.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
Minimum qualifications :
· Graduation from accredited nursing program, equivalent to one year of practical training with certification as a Licensed Practical Nurse. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted at the discretion of the Administrator.
· Clear/active Florida License Practical Nurse (LPN) license
· Basic Life Support (BLS)
· Minimum of three years' experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), home health and/or acute care nursing experience is preferred.
· Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse Assistant (CHLPN) certification is preferred.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Hospice Care Central FL
Shift: 3 - Night
Req ID: 23022591
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $20.052 - $30.078
Location: Altamonte Springs, FL
Job ID: 23022591
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 3 - Night