Music Therapist - AdventHealth Hospice Care
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Monday - Friday 8:30am-5pm.
Location: Central Florida Locations All Travel
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Hospice
The role you’ll contribute:
This position is an integral part of the Mission and Ministry program. Works collaboratively with staff in attending to the holistic needs of patients, families and staff. Uses music and music therapy interventions to address physical, cognitive, social, emotional, and spiritual needs of individuals of all ages. Conducts music therapy assessment and administers therapy to preserve and improve abilities for independent function, behavioral management skills, social skills, symptom management and activities of daily living using music. Offers safe and proper services to patients, families and staff through individual and group sessions.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Travels to patient’s place of residence and conducts assessments and administers Music Therapy.
· Leads one-on-one and group music therapy sessions. Communicates effectively with patients ranging in age from childhood through geriatrics.
· Adheres to the American Music Therapy Association (AMTA) scope of practice and competencies and applies the therapy process in pediatric and adult sessions.
· Conducts effective research studies.
· Maintains the safe and efficient operation of the hospice by monitoring equipment safety.
· Performs administrative duties. Identifies needs and opportunities, and makes recommendations for change to the manager. Implements problem-solving mechanisms in both routine and emergency situations.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Music Therapy
MT-BC (Music Therapist – Board Certified) by the Certification Board for Music Therapists (CBMT)
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Rehabilitation Services
Organization: AdventHealth Hospice Care Central FL
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23041644
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $18.901 - $28.351
Location: Altamonte Springs, FL
Job ID: 23041644
Job Family: Rehabilitation Services
Shift: 1 - Day