AdventHealth Patient Care Liaison Spine-Ortho FT Days in Altamonte Springs, Florida
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Patient Care Liaison-Spine/Ortho - AdventHealth
Location Address: 711 E. Altamonte Dr. STE 210, Altamonte Springs, FL
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time, Days: Mon. - Fri., 8a - 5p
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork
- Coordinates full spectrum of care for surgical referral patients coming from out of town, out of state, or out of country, in addition to local patients, from initial referral contact through post-op care. This includes hospitality and travel arrangements.
- Attends local consumer marketing events to act as the champion of the Spine and Orthopedics Institute, cultivating strong relationships to result in new business.
- Follows up with all patient information requests from the website and events and schedules appointments for those patients accordingly.
- Shares accurate information, answering questions and communicating the expected cycle of care process with the patient and family. This includes in-depth explanation of the surgical process from the time of identification through post-op care.
- Facilitates a smooth transition for patients moving from one division of the Institute to another. This includes Outpatient Rehab and Pain Medicine.
What You Will Need:
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word
- Phone skills and etiquette
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Problem solving skills
- Minimum 3-year work experience in customer service or the healthcare industry
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Familiar with Medical Terminology
- Experience in handling emergent situations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communication, or a related field.
The Patient Care Liaison serves as a patient advocate by navigating the patients’ continuum of care and acting as a personal concierge for all patients of the Spine and Orthopedic Institute at ADVENTHEALTH Altamonte. Responsible for coordinating travel and hospitality arrangements for all local, out-of-town, out-of-state, and international surgical patients from the time of referral through post-op care. Acts as a champion of the Spine Health Institute at local consumer events to attract new business and answer questions as the primary knowledge expert of the service line. Serves as the primary point of contact for existing patients who have questions regarding their care. Provides strategy and insight to the ADVENTHEALTH Altamonte Business Development team from the patient point-of-view to develop initiatives at the Institute that are profitable and beneficial to existing and potential patients. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Patient Care
Organization: AdventHealth Altamonte Springs
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.