AdventHealth Patient Care Tech I M/S Unit w Telemetry 2 Altamonte Spring Full-Time Night in Altamonte Springs, Florida
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Patient Care Technician I - AdventHealth - Altamonte Springs
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth - Altamonte Springs
- Located north of Orlando in the community of Altamonte Springs, our facility is consistently named “Best Hospital” for overall quality, reputation, doctors and nurses by local residents
- As the largest satellite campus within the AdventHealth system, AdventHealth Altamonte has been providing state-of-the-art healthcare to the community since 1973
- The 398-bed hospital cares for more than 168,000 patients a year. We are proud to be revolutionizing health care with visionary leadership and world-class resources
Work Hours/Shift: Full-Time/Night 3/12's 7p-7a including every other weekend
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth’s service standards.
- Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program.
- Assists in the delivery of patient care as a team member by performing patient care tasks under the direction of a registered nurse.
- Performs properly and legibly documents and reports all procedures in accordance with department policy.
- Participates in obtaining a nursing history. Reports abnormalities to RN.
- Assists in identifying needs and developing/modifying plan of care.
- Performs treatments according to policy and procedure. Provides patient care appropriate to age, mobility, acuity and culture. Functions appropriately in clinical emergencies.
- Participates in practice changes as a result of performance improvement activities. Demonstrates accurate documentation and monitoring of activities as needed. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department.
- Follows CDC isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs handwashing according to policy and enforces safety regulations.
- Exhibits desire to learn and upgrade skills. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or unit.
- May perform waived and/or non-waived Point of Care Testing If performing non-waived Point of Care Testing, as defined in AHCA rule 59A-7.034, must have approved competency and documented proof (copy of either diploma or transcript, at the highest level of academic achievement) at the time of AdventHealth Orlando non-waived Point of Care training.
What You Will Need:
- High school graduate or GED equivalent.
- Current BLS requiredissued by American Heart Association (AHA)
* GENERAL SUMMARY * * : *
The Patient Care Tech works under supervision of the professional nurse, assisting in performing specific duties and activities of daily living in caring for age specific groups identified in the position responsibilities. Adheres to the AdventHealth Orlando Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies .Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Patient Care
Organization: AdventHealth Altamonte Springs
Shift: 3 - Night
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.