AdventHealth Patient Care Tech I - PT/Night ($500 Sign-On Bonus) in Altamonte Springs, Florida
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME, LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Patient Care Technician I - AdventHealth - Altamont Springs
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth - Altamont Springs
- Located north of Orlando in the community of Altamonte Springs, our facility is consistently need “Best Hospital” for overall quality, reputation, doctors and nurses by local residents
- As the largest satellite campus within the AdventHealth system, AdventHealth Altamonte has been providing state-of-the-art healthcare to the community since 1973
- The 398-bed hospital cares for more than 168,000 patients a year. We are proud to be revolutionizing health care with visionary leadership and world-class resources
- Assists in the delivery of patient care as a team member by performing patient care tasks under the direction of a registered nurse.
- Performs properly and legibly documents and reports all procedures in accordance with department policy.
- Participates in obtaining a nursing history. Reports abnormalities to RN.
- Assists in identifying needs and developing/modifying plan of care.
- Performs treatments according to policy and procedure. Provides patient care appropriate to age, mobility, acuity and culture. Functions appropriately in clinical emergencies.
- Participates in practice changes as a result of performance improvement activities. Demonstrates accurate documentation and monitoring of activities as needed. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department.
- Nursing Assistant training is required or successful completion of either practical nurse fundamentals or comparable experience upon review
- Successful completion of the Florida Hospital Patient Care Tech test
- Florida Nursing Assistant Certification, OR Certified or Registered Medical Assistant with comparable hospital experience, OR Florida RN license OR Paramedic/EMT certification
- High school graduate (Preferred)
The Patient Care Tech works under supervision of the professional nurse, assisting in performing specific duties and activities of daily living in caring for age specific groups identified in the position responsibilities. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.