AdventHealth Physician Enterprise Coder Cardiology - Remote in Altamonte Springs, Florida
Physician Enterprise Coder | AdventHealth Corporate
Location Address: 900 Hope Way, Altamonte Springs, Florida 32714
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Corporate
- Great benefits
- Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
- Career growth and advancement potential
- Full-Time, Monday – Friday
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Responsible for editing and/or reviewing captured charges and medical documentation to determine appropriate CPT/ICD-10/HCPCS codes and modifiers for E&M and small procedure services rendered in the office and/or hospital setting for physician.
- Responsible for review outpatient and inpatient procedures reports, abstracting appropriate procedure does and entering charges into EMR.
- Responsible for communicating documentation discrepancies with coding support staff and coding supervisor.
- Responsible for creating patient charts and entering demographics and insurance in EMR when applicable.
- Verify data entry of patient’s demographics, insurance, and hospital charges are entered correctly.
- Accurately enter and attach insurance and authorizations to patient’s encounter in EMR
- Serve as a coding resource and assist with coding questions as needed.
- Assist coding supervisor with escalated coding questions from team members and physician practices.
- Maintain an accuracy rate of 90% or above for all work Quality Assurance reviews.
- Complete assigned work in a timely manager and maintain departmental production standards.
- Maintain open communication with Coding Team and Coding Supervisor.
Education and Experience Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 or more years of experience in physician-based coding for both E&M (outpatient/inpatient) and surgical procedures.
Licensure, Certifications, or Registration Required:
At least one of the following coding certifications:
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Certified Coding Specialist – Physician (CCS-P)
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Substantial knowledge of CPT, ICD-10, HCPCS, and modifiers for outpatient and inpatient surgical procedures.
- Substantial knowledge of NCCI, MU, MUE edits and bundling guidelines.
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft software.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively operate equipment such as PC, web/tele-conference
AHS coders will review physician’s documentation and assign the proper CPT, ICD-10, HCPCS codes and modifiers for services rendered in the office and/or hospital setting. AHS coders also will work on previously coded items and make corrections based on current coding guidelines for charges needing edits, reviews, and denials needing recoding.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.