AdventHealth Registered Nurse Hospice Care Flex Team FT Night in Altamonte Springs, Florida
Registered Nurse Hospice Care Flex - AdventHealth Hospice Care
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Hospice Care
- AdventHealth Hospice Care is the only not-for-profit, faith-based, Hospice provider in the Greater Orlando Area
- We are part of the largest healthcare system in the area, AdventHealth
- For almost 30 years, we have provided compassionate care to patients and families during their time of need
- We are a growing organization looking for special talent to come and grow with us
- Besides offering world-class entertainment at the theme parks, the Central Florida area boasts many other entertainment options, such as state parks, nearby beaches, restaurants, performing arts, and professional sports
- Full Time Night
- 9 PM - 930AM, Every Other Weekend
- Provides after hours nursing services to all patients and families of Hospice of the Comforter.
- Works outside normal business hours and during early morning hours on call to respond to patient emergencies.
- Responds to orders from Triage Nurse to travel to patient residence location to assess patient condition based on emergency or urgent needs.
- Assesses patient condition and need for immediate care due to fall or other traumatic event. Communicates condition to Triage and/or Case Management staff, and receives and follows instructions.
- Performs nursing procedures as instructed or indicated, such as insert catheters, feeding tubes, and if credentialed, administer intravenous medications.
- Educates the patient’s family and other caregivers on hospice care and what services will be provided to the patient.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made when requested, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A. Education: Associates Degree is required, a Bachelors of Science is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted at the discretion of the Administrator.
B. Experience: Minimum of 3 years experience as an RN required. Hospice or home health, acute care nursing experience is preferred.
C. Certificates and Licenses Required: A clear/active Florida Registered Nurse (RN) license is required, Certified Hospice Palliative Nurse certification is preferred.
The After Hours RN provides after hours nursing services to Hospice of the Comforter patients through scheduled and unscheduled visits. The After Hours RN works together with Triage Nurses and other after-hours staff in order to respond to patients’ emergencies, assess patients’ condition and report on findings in a timely manner as deemed necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.