AdventHealth Registered Nurse Hospice Inpatient Unit Orlando Full Time Day in Altamonte Springs, Florida
- AdventHealth Hospice Care is the only not-for-profit, faith-based, Hospice provider in the Greater Orlando Area
- We are part of the largest healthcare system in the area, AdventHealth
- For almost 30 years, we have provided compassionate care to patients and families during their time of need
- We are a growing organization looking for special talent to come and grow with us
- Besides offering world-class entertainment at the theme parks, the Central Florida area boasts many other entertainment options, such as state parks, nearby beaches, restaurants, performing arts, and professional sports
- Full Time Day Shift
- Every Other Weekend
- Provides professional level skilled nursing care to patients and applies palliative nursing principles and techniques in the treatment of patients in the IPU.
- Communicates with family members to apprise them of patient’s condition and provides nursing care, emotional support and education to the patient/family/caregiver.
- Completes all required documentation for patient’s records in the electronic medical records database system in the prescribed manner, to include assessments, medications and treatments.
- Communicates with interdisciplinary staff including Physician, Psychosocial staff, Patient Care Managers, Nurse Case Managers, Pastoral staff, and other members of the team to request service or notify of death.
- Communicates with family members and care givers when death occurs or in response to inquiries regarding patient condition.
What You Will Need:
- Associates Degree is required; a Bachelors of Science in Nursing is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted at the discretion of the Administrator.
- A Minimum of 3 years nursing experience in a Hospital or Inpatient Unit environment or related field. Hospice experience, preferred.
- A clear/active Florida Registered Nurse (RN) License and Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required. Certified Hospice and Palliative Care Nurse (CHPN) certification is preferred.
The IPU RN is responsible for identifying patient/family/caregiver needs and providing and supervising nursing care to patients in the inpatient unit at Hospice of the Comforter in accordance with the plan of care, and policies and procedures.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.