AdventHealth Registered Nurse Outpatient OR Circulator PRN in Altamonte Springs, Florida
Registered Nurse Outpatient OR Circulator PRN - Altamonte Springs
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Altamonte Springs
· As the largest satellite campus within the AdventHealth system, AdventHealth Altamonte has been providing state-of-the-art healthcare to the community since 1973
· The 398-bed hospital cares for more than 168,000 patients a year. We are proud to be revolutionizing health care with visionary leadership and world-class resources
- PRN Day shifts - 3 days a week - 6:45a - 3:15p, no call
- Completes timely assessments per Practice Guidelines including physiological, psychological, developmental, sociocultural, spiritual, and life-style factors, including signs of abuse or neglect.
- Based on the assessment and diagnosis, sets measurable and achievable short and long-range goals for the patient, assisting in the development and implementation of an individualized plan of care.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes.
- Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety.
- Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill in the recording and accessing of all patient information in electronic medical record according to policy and in real time.
- Graduate of a school of nursing
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Advanced life support certification (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements
- For Radiology/Imaging, PALS required only for cost centers 4220,7211,6236
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (Preferred)
- Professional certification (Preferred)
- ACLS, PALS, NRP (based on patient population; See document EKG and Advanced Life Support Requirements) (Preferred)
The Registered Professional Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age specific groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.