All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
$5,000.00 Sign-on Bonus and $3,00.00 Relocation available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Nursing Clinical Ladder Program
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Days
Location : 601 East Altamonte Dr, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
The community you’ll be caring for:
Located north of Orlando in the community of Altamonte Springs, our facility is consistently named “Best Hospital” for overall quality, reputation, doctors and nurses by local residents.
As the largest satellite campus within the Altamonte System, AdventHealth Altamonte Springs has been providing state-of-the-art healthcare to the community since 1973.
The 393-bed hospital cares for more than 168,000 patients a year. We are proud to be revolutionizing health care with visionary leadership and world-class resources.
Want to see what it’s like to work with us? Click here for a virtual tour of our Altamonte Springs campus!
The role you’ll contribute:
Perform specific tasks or routines supportive to delivery of patient care while performing as “Goodwill Ambassador”, conducting patient and family checks in the assigned nursing unit under the direction of a Registered Nurse in accordance with Division of Nursing standards. Will also perform clerical duties related to computers, workstation on wheels (WOWs) equipment and supply checks. Responsible for the inventory and ordering of supplies, equipment and services needed to support the efficient operation of the assigned nursing unit and patient care delivery.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers.
• Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments
• Demonstrates appropriate and courteous phone etiquette.
• Adheres to organizational standards for dress and professional appearance.
• Demonstrates collaboration and teamwork in assisting with patient flow.
• Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the delivery of nursing services and when ordering supplies.
• Rinse, prime and position all appropriate equipment, attach all required tubing, prepare dialysate, calibrate and check alarms, set monitors and perform a system check as required.
• Provide the highest level of critical acute nursing care to ensure patient safety, comfort, and well-being
• Perform patient assessment prior to treatment and proceed with treatment based on such assessments and physician’s orders.
• Obtain blood samples and other specimens as indicated by patient’s condition or as ordered.
• Administer appropriate medications, blood and blood products ordered by the physician and/or as stated in polices.
• Assess, evaluate and provide care for patients related to blood pressure and weight changes or other physical conditions, access patency, lab values, dialysate composition, blood and fluid flows.
• Complete nursing notes after every dialysis treatment.
• Notify the physician when appropriate. Communicate with patient’s primary nurse.
• Administer treatment as indicated, including medications, use of oxygen and other therapeutic measures. Monitor blood pressure every 30 minutes or less.
• Clean and dress access sites and other wounds in close proximity to the access site that may potentially contaminate the access using appropriate aseptic techniques.
• Initiate and perform appropriate emergency procedures.
• Participates in patient and family teaching as needed regarding dialysis treatment and End stage renal dietary recommendations.
• Clean and sanitize equipment; dispose of disposable supplies as practiced by hospital protocols.
• Maintain a safe environment for patient and staff by following infection control procedures.
• Give the primary nurse a full report at completion of dialysis.
• Have knowledge about continuous cycled peritoneal dialysis and peritoneal dialysis solutions
• Have Knowledge about disequilibrium syndrome, air emboli, hemolysis and neuropathy
* Terms: 24 month Employment Contract Required for Sign-On and Relocation
Applicable experience required.
Internal Candidates and Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
Minimum qualifications :
Graduate of a school of nursing
Minimum one-year RN experience
Current valid State of Florida or multistate license as a Registered Nurse
Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
Experience with Acute/Inpatient dialysis
Dialysis nursing experience
Medical/ surgical , ICU, CCU, and ER experience
Certified Nephrology Nurse or Certified Dialysis Nurse
Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Altamonte Springs
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23038154
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $31.25 - $46.88
Location: Altamonte Springs, FL
Job ID: 23038154
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 1 - Day