Registered Nurse Hospice Care Flex - AdventHealth Hospice Care
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Career Development
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full-Time, 5PM- 5:30AM (flexible with night hours)
Shift : 3 days with every other weekend.
Location Address: 480 W. Central Parkway, Altamonte Springs, FL 32714 (coverage of Tri-County area)
The role you’ll contribute:
The After Hours RN provides after hours nursing services to Hospice patients through scheduled and unscheduled visits. The After Hours RN works together with Triage Nurses and other after-hours staff in order to respond to patients, emergencies, assess patients, condition and report on findings in a timely manner as deemed necessary.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Works outside normal business hours and/or during early morning hours to respond to patient emergencies.
· Responds to orders from Triage Nurse to travel to patient residence location to assess patient condition based on emergency or urgent needs.
· Assesses patient condition and need for immediate care due to fall or other traumatic event. Communicates condition to Triage and/or Case Management staff and receives and follows instructions.
· Performs nursing procedures as instructed or indicated, such as insert catheters, feeding tubes, and if credentialed, administer intravenous medications.
· Educates the patient’s family and other caregivers on hospice care and what services will be provided to the patient.
· Coordinates patient needs for medications and/or medical equipment with the Triage Nurse and may deliver patient supplies and pick up and deliver new prescriptions from the pharmacy to patient.
· Communicates pertinent patient and employee information to interdisciplinary teams and Patient Care Managers on a daily basis.
· Consults the Triage Nurse or on-call Nursing Manager regarding unusual situations and potential risk management issues and confers with before initiating Crisis Care or approving General Inpatient (GIP) status.
· Completes all documentation regarding patient contact activities timely and ensures accuracy and completion.
· Participates in staff meetings, department meetings, team meetings, in services and other related activities.
· Responds in a timely manner to emails and phone calls during assigned hours of duty.
· May initiate crisis care and may serve as first shift care provider.
· May assist in the Inpatient Unit and provide nursing care to patients as needed.
· Performs all other duties as deemed necessary by manager or designee.
Minimum qualifications :
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Associates Degree.
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Registered Nurse.
· An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted at the discretion of the Administrator.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
· Home health and/or acute care nursing experience.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· A clear/active Florida Registered Nurse license.
· Basic Life Support Certification.
· Maintain a current, valid Florida Driver's License in good standing with a safe driving record and a reliable vehicle.
· Maintain valid personal automobile insurance.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Certified Hospice and Palliative Nursing certification
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Hospice Care Central FL
Shift: 3 - Night
Req ID: 23031173
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 605 MONTGOMERY ROAD
Pay Range: $28.8 - $41.14
Location: Altamonte Springs, FL
Job ID: 23031173
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 3 - Night