All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Career Development
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full-Time, doing hospital and general inpatient visits.
Shift : 36 hours per week. 9pm-9:30am. Could provide occasional weekend coverage.
The community you’ll be caring for:
Faith based and Mission driven agency
One-on-one patient care in the patient’s home environment
Joint Commission Deemed Status accredited agency
Competitive pay with no state income tax
Commitment to workplace wellness and exceptional health and benefits offerings
The role you’ll contribute:
The RN provides after hours nursing services to Hospice patients through scheduled and unscheduled visits. The RN works together with Triage Nurses and other after-hours staff in order to respond to patients’ emergencies, assess patients’ condition and report on findings in a timely manner as deemed necessary.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Works outside normal business hours and/or during early morning hours to respond to patient emergencies.
· Responds to orders from Triage Nurse to travel to patient residence location to assess patient condition based on emergency or urgent needs.
· Assesses patient condition and need for immediate care due to fall or other traumatic event. Communicates condition to Triage and/or Case Management staff and receives and follows instructions.
· Performs nursing procedures as instructed or indicated, such as insert catheters, feeding tubes, and if credentialed, administer intravenous medications.
· Educates the patient’s family and other caregivers on hospice care and what services will be provided to the patient.
· Coordinates patient needs for medications and/or medical equipment with the Triage Nurse and may deliver patient supplies and pick up and deliver new prescriptions from the pharmacy to patient.
· Communicates pertinent patient and employee information to interdisciplinary teams and Patient Care Managers on a daily basis.
What You Will Need:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made when requested, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A. Education : Associates Degree is required, a Bachelors of Science is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted at the discretion of the Administrator.
B. Experience : Minimum of 3 years experience as an RN required. Hospice or home health, acute care nursing experience is preferred.
C. Certificates and Licenses Required : A clear/active Florida Registered Nurse (RN) license is required, Certified Hospice Palliative Nurse certification is preferred.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Organization: AdventHealth Hospice Care Central FL
Shift: 3 - Night
Req ID: 24000023
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Facility: AdventHealth Hospice Care Central FL
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $29.66 - $42.37
Location: Altamonte Springs, FL
Job ID: 24000023
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 3 - Night