All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· *$7500 Sign-on Bonus and $3000 Relocation available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
· Benefits from Day One
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
· Nursing Clinical Ladder Program
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift: Days (7:00 am - 7:00 pm) or Nights (7:00 pm - 7:00 am) Available
Location: 601 EAST ALTAMONTE DRIVE, Altamonte Springs, 32701
Unit Highlights :
The AdventHealth Altamonte Oncology/Multisystem PCU unit has 36 large rooms with state-of-the-art private rooms with cardiac monitoring capability, which were designed with direct input from the clinical staff.
We primarily treat an adult patient population diagnosed with lymphoma, multiple myeloma, lung, gastric and colorectal cancers as well as other patients that require critical care in the inpatient setting.
We function as a multisystem PCU, this allows for a more diverse population which provides nurses with advancement in their critical thinking and hands on clinical skills.
Average length of inpatient stay allows us to build close relationships with our patient and their families.
We are very family centered, mission driven, and focused on team engagement
We are a committed team with complementing skills that value our work environment and share a sense of purpse when caring for our Oncology patients. When someone joins our team, they join our devoted family. Communication and team activites are the key to promoting trust and teamwork. morning energizers and mid-shift huddles bring our team closer together as a daily connecting touch point. Some of our unit activites include: celebrating our specialty, monthly raffles, Cancer Ribbon cookie day and taking your chance on the prize-winning spinning wheel! The fun also continues after work with our outside events, most recently, "Painting with a Twist" and "Karaoke Night". Our team also understands the importance of helping our community. We have monhtly volunteer opportunity serving the homeless at Orlando Union Rescue Mission. We would love for you to consider our unit as your next home!
The community you’ll be caring for:
Located north of Orlando in the community of Altamonte Springs, our facility is consistently named “Best Hospital” for overall quality, reputation, doctors and nurses by local residents
As the largest satellite campus within the AdventHealth system, AdventHealth Altamonte has been providing state-of-the-art healthcare to the community since 1973
The 398-bed hospital cares for more than 168,000 patients a year. We are proud to be revolutionizing health care with visionary leadership and world-class resources
The role you’ll contribute:
The Registered Nurse entering a training program is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age-specific groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Graduate nurses and experienced nurses entering a training program will be under the direct supervision of a preceptor for all principal duties and responsibilities during the training program with eventual transition to independent practice after successful training program completion. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment associated with unit patient population.
· PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety. Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it out in accordance with plan of care.
· COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all interactions with the patient to their level of understanding. Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of command when appropriate.
· DOCUMENTATION: Demonstrates knowledge and skill in the recording and accessing of all patient information in electronic medical record according to policy and in real time. Performs appropriate and legible documentation, recording all procedures and assessments within established timeframes, and in accordance with standards of care, departmental policy and practice guidelines.
* Terms: 24 month Employment Contract Required for Sign-On and Relocation
Applicable experience required.
Internal Candidates and Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
Minimum qualifications :
Graduate of a school of nursing
Minimum of six (6) months of experience
Current valid State of Florida or multistate license as a Registered Nurse
Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
EKG competency testing
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23024438
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $30.933 - $44.19
Location: Altamonte Springs, FL
Job ID: 23024438
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 1 - Day