AdventHealth Altamonte Springs
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· $5,000 Relocation available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
· Benefits from Day One
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Location : 601 E Altamonte Drive, Altamonte Springs, Florida 32701
The community you’ll be caring for:
· AdventHealth Altamonte Springs is located north of Orlando in the community of Altamonte Springs, our facility is consistently named “Best Hospital” for overall quality, reputation, doctors and nurses by local residents.
· As the largest satellite campus within the AdventHealth system, AdventHealth Altamonte has been providing state-of-the-art healthcare to the community since 1973.
· The 398-bed hospital cares for more than 168,000 patients a year.
· We are proud to be revolutionizing health care with visionary leadership and world-class resources.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Nurse Manager (NM) is a registered professional nurse who has the most direct impact on the care and services that patients and families require throughout their hospital experience. The NM is directly responsible to the Director of Nursing (DON) or Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) and is responsible for the continual operation of a specified nursing unit. The NM is able to demonstrate critical thinking skills, creativity, and has the knowledge to manage resources to achieve quality performance, positive employee relations, and compliance with hospital guidelines. The NM is skilled in coaching, motivating, mentoring, and leading a professional and technical team in the delivery of services for our patient population. The NM assures quality of care is delivered for our patients and demonstrates effective stewardship of scarce resources. The NM is the change agent for the assigned areas of responsibility and is responsible for implementing any changes that the unit is required to undergo. The NM actively participates in outstanding customer service, including service to patients, families, physicians, and other contacts, and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Human Resource Management – Monitors performance of the staff and takes corrective action for improvement as appropriate.
· Financial Management – Understands health care economics, public policy, and finance as it pertains to the delivery of patient care.
· Performance Improvement – Demonstrates familiarity with the performance improvement model of the organization
· Critical Thinking/Technology – Utilizes critical thinking skills in the performance of their duties. Demonstrates and understanding of technology utilized in the organization.
· Leadership and Clinical Practice Knowledge – Provides leadership for the effective and efficient operation of assigned unit. Assures clinical practice is of the highest quality
· Communication and Relationship Building – Utilizes relationship in influencing behaviors on the unit
* Terms: 24 month Employment Contract Required for Sign-On and Relocation
· Must live 50 miles outside of campus address.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
Minimum qualifications :
· Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) or Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN) either upon hire/promotion or within 36 months of hire/promotion
· Minimum two years acute care nursing practice experience
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Nursing at time of hire/promotion highly preferred
Prior management experience
Specific knowledge and skills as delineated by the unit of employment
Operating Room Experience
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Altamonte Springs
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23042897
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: -
Location: Altamonte Springs, FL
Job ID: 23042897
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 1 - Day