AdventHealth Senior Nurse Manager Pre Surgery 2 FT Days in Altamonte Springs, Florida
Registered Professional Nurse AdventHealth Altamonte Springs
Location Address: 601 E Altamonte Dr, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth LOCATION
- Located north of Orlando in the community of Altamonte Springs, our facility is consistently named “Best Hospital” for overall quality, reputation, doctors and nurses by local residents
- As the largest satellite campus within the AdventHealth system, AdventHealth Altamonte has been providing state-of-the-art healthcare to the community since 1973
- The 398-bed hospital cares for more than 168,000 patients a year. We are proud to be revolutionizing health care with visionary leadership and world-class resources
• FT days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- NURSING PROCESS: Completes timely assessments per Practice Guidelines including physiological, psychological, developmental, sociocultural, spiritual, and life-style factors, including signs of abuse or neglect. Makes appropriate decisions and interventions and nursing diagnosis according to patients actual or potential health conditions or needs. (American Nurses Association [ANA], 2012)
- NURSING PROCESS: Based on the assessment and diagnosis, sets measurable and achievable short and long-range goals for the patient (ANA, 2012), assisting in the development and implementation of an individualized plan of care. Prioritizes and completes follow up assessments, evaluates and modifies plan of care as needed. Nursing practice reflects mutual goal setting and whole person care including meeting the needs of the mind, body and spirit. (King, 1995)
- NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment associated with unit patient population.
- PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety. Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it out in accordance with plan of care.
- COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all interactions with the patient to their level of understanding. Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of command when appropriate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) or Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN) either upon hire/promotion or within 36 months of hire/promotion
- Minimum two years acute care nursing practice experience
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) or Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN) at time of hire/promotion highly preferred
- Prior management experience
- Specific education and experience as delineated by the unit of employment (see competencies)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Professional certification from a national organization
The Nurse Manager (NM) is a registered professional nurse who has the most direct impact on the care and services that patients and families require throughout their hospital experience. The NM is directly responsible to the Director of Nursing (DON) or Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) and is responsible for the continual operation of a specified nursing unit. The NM is able to demonstrate critical thinking skills, creativity, and has the knowledge to manage resources to achieve quality performance, positive employee relations, and compliance with hospital guidelines. The NM is skilled in coaching, motivating, mentoring, and leading a professional and technical team in the delivery of services for our patient population. The NM assures quality of care is delivered for our patients and demonstrates effective stewardship of scarce resources. The NM is the change agent for the assigned areas of responsibility and is responsible for implementing any changes that the unit is required to undergo. The NM actively participates in outstanding customer service, including service to patients, families, physicians, and other contacts, and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.