AdventHealth Simulation Operations Specialist I in Altamonte Springs, Florida
Simulation Operations Specialist AdventHealth Altamonte Springs
• Full Time
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Simulation Operations: Operates all human patient simulator systems, simulation task trainers, associated medical equipment and computer/audiovisual equipment during training exercises. Facilitates operational and technical aspects of post-exercise debriefings using various audiovisual platforms. Troubleshoots technical issues related to networking, audiovisual platforms, and/or simulation equipment. Ensures simulations/events are fully immersive through proper room orientation, environment realism, and application of medical moulage and simulated medical conditions to human patient simulators and/or standardized patients/role players.
- Exercise/Course/Scenario Coordination: Assists with planning, coordinating, and executing all simulation exercise, courses, conferences and workshops. Supports all aspects of the learning environment before, during and after the simulation exercise/course/scenario encompassing direct interaction with the participants, appropriate adjustments to the scenario, and technical responses of simulator based on participant feedback and actions. Serves as on-site Standardized Patient/Role Player liaison. Works with department stakeholders to ensure simulation resource needs are being met.
- Logistics Support: Supports the management and maintenance of all equipment, including simulators and computer/audiovisual, to ensure proper working order, appropriate maintenance, warranty support, and software updates. Communicates with vendors regarding maintenance, repairs, updates and technology changes. Supports management of medical supply inventory required to enhance the delivery of simulation learning. Maintains accurate inventory of equipment (simulators, hardware and software) and supplies. Forecasts and executes supply reorders as necessary. Transports equipment to various locations for simulation training purposes.
- Campus/Program Liaison: Serves as a liaison to campuses/programs/hospital leaders for technical assistance and expertise related to operational and technical aspects of simulators and computer/audiovisual equipment for simulation learning. Provides assistance and guidance to customers for simulated learning preparation, set-up, course/scenario facilitation, and post-exercise break down/clean up.
- Simulation Education Support: Assists with curriculum development and strategic planning specific to the operational and technical aspects of scenarios/curriculum. Familiar with, and maintains current knowledge of, adult learning principles, industry standards, medical terminology and best practice for simulated learning. Assists with simulation pre-briefs and orienting students to their simulation environment.
What Will You Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
- 1 year of experience in simulation operation/education/training, preferably with human patient simulator platforms and audiovisual equipment/operating software
- Requires AHA Instructor status in at least one discipline – Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS). Basic Life Support (BLS), or Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED :
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Simulation, Technology, Education, Healthcare, Business or applicable discipline
- 1 year of experience in direct patient care within hospital or clinical setting
- 3 years of experience in simulation operation/education/training
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
- Florida Class E Driver’s License and driving record in accordance with AdventHealth Policy
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider certification
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED :
- If clinical, current, active State of Florida license in clinical specialty
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Operations Specialist (CHSOS) certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider (ACLS) certification
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Provider (PALS) certification
- Registered Nurse, Licensed Practice Nurse, or Respiratory Therapist, Paramedic, Emergency Medical Technician, Emergency Department Technician
The Simulation Operations Specialist (SOS) plans and executes all operational and technical aspects of simulated learning activities, simulation-based education, and scenario-based training for the AdventHealth system and associated programs/partners, including Graduate Medical Education, the Adventist University of Health Sciences and the AH AHA Training Center. The SOS develops operational and technical proficiency with all aspects of the operation, maintenance, support, troubleshooting, implementation, hardware/software updates, and repair of all system simulation labs’ inventory, such as the human patient simulator systems, simulation task trainers, associated medical equipment, and computer/audiovisual systems. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.