All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Location: 605 MONTGOMERY ROAD, Altamonte Springs, 32714
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Hospice Care
The role you’ll contribute:
The Social Worker acts as a member of the interdisciplinary team that manages the emotional and social service needs of an assigned caseload of patients and families currently on Hospice of the Comforter hospice services. The Social Worker coordinates all social service interventions and referrals, including needs assessment, supportive counseling, networking, financial assessments and financial resources procurement. This level of support is provided in response to the Initial Assessment and will be created as part of the Comprehensive Assessment in order to promote the patient and familyâ€™s well-being throughout the dying process
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Evaluates the psychosocial needs of each patient and family care unit.
· Develops and implements the psychosocial plan of care in response to the needs of the patients and families.
· Travels to patient residence and performs initial assessment. Identifies and assesses the psychosocial needs of the patient and family, and the care giving relationships and dynamics between the patient and family for the patient interdisciplinary care plan.
· Assists the patients and families with obtaining financial resources.
· Provides services as determined by interdisciplinary team and reports back to registered nurse regarding assessment and need for other organizational resources.
· Communicates with care givers and make referrals for intra-organizational services and community resources such as Medicaid, Salvation Army, and food banks.
· Provides education and assistance in completing Advance Directives.
· Provides counseling to patient or family care unit on individual or group basis.
· Interacts with facility/hospital case managers to provide appropriate hospice services.
· Evaluates family care unit bereavement needs at the time of admission throughout the hospice process to the patient’s death. Completes referral to Bereavement Department and documents appropriately.
· Maintains appropriate professional documentation related to the patient/caregivers as part of the Plan of Care in the electronic medical record. Ensures accurate and timely completion.
· Participates as a member of the assigned interdisciplinary team and attends all scheduled meetings.
· Assesses the need for volunteer assistance.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Sociology or Social Work is required.
· Master’s degree in Social Work is required.
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the social work field is required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Healthcare/hospice experience is preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· A clear/active Social Work license for the state of Florida or license-eligible under Florida law is required.
· Basic Life Support Certification
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· A clear/active Social Work license for the state of Florida
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Case Management
Organization: AdventHealth Hospice Care Central FL
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23039482
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Pay Range: $23.94 - $35.92
Location: Altamonte Springs, FL
Job ID: 23039482
Job Family: Case Management
Shift: 1 - Day