All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One
· Career Development
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
· Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift : Monday-Friday
Job Location : Remote
The role you’ll contribute:
The Clinical Documentation Integrity (CDI) Implementation Specialist and Educator who, under the direction of the corporate Director of Clinical Documentation Integrity and in some cases the corporate Operations Manager of Clinical Documentation Integrity for AdventHealth, designs, plans, and executes initiatives and processes for Clinical Documentation Integrity under the direction of AdventHealth Clinical. Central to this role is education, guidance, and direction of key responsibilities (e.g. corporate compliance, quality outcome measures and documentation integrity management) to Clinical Documentation Integrity Specialists (CDIS) which includes software training and support for ongoing system use. Additionally, the Implementation Specialist and Educator participates in auditing newly implemented workflows to monitor compliance and provides process improvement recommendations.
As a CDI Implementation Specialist and Educator, this individual works collaboratively within the Clinical Documentation Integrity teams to ensure the successful implementation of all CDI related software applications. This position provides Clinical Documentation Integrity and AdventHealth Clinical team members with expertise on system use specific to documentation integrity. The position provides feedback and recommendations to the corporate CDI manager and director that promotes process improvement initiatives while maintaining regulatory compliance.
The value that you bring to the team:
· Develops, produces, and delivers training for CDI on an ongoing basis related to CDI processes, standard workflow, software enhancements, and other CDI initiatives. This may include monthly New Hire CDI training resources, software implementation training, Continuing CDI education, and on an as needed basis for current employees in the CDI Department.
· Audits CDS concurrent and retrospective cases to assist with missed documentation opportunities as needed.
· Maintains CDI website by reviewing and updating content on a regular basis. This includes, but is not limited to, CDI regulatory information and educational resources.
· Monitors communication of CDSs on Microsoft teams to assure corporate compliance.
· Identifies resources in the community and coordinates education opportunities for CDI staff including webinars and continuing education.
· Acts as a liaison between CDI leadership and other interdisciplinary team at all applicable levels of leadership, and external partners. Communicates appropriately and effectively with all involved parties.
· Participates in educational strategies and development of training materials for software conversions.
· Develops and presents educational material to target groups and conducts education in necessary forum, i.e., video conference, webinar, printed materials, and on-site training.
· Provides train-the-trainer, super-user and end-user training on all CDI software platforms, providing follow-up on site and remote support for all participating facilities.
· Assist in auditing, tracking and reporting of metrics that measure Clinical Documentation Integrity compliance activities and provides process improvement recommendations.
· Actively participates in system updates and testing for all CDI software prior to and during system software conversion.
· Participate in internal and external meetings to coordinate training and implementation of CDI software.
· Serves as a resource for designated facilities when problems are reported from the facilities and gives guidance on solutions to the Clinical Documentation Integrity teams and corporate team members.
· Other duties as assigned.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
Minimum qualifications :
· Minimum of five years acute care nursing experience with specific medical/surgical, Intensive Care, post-acute care unit, or Emergency Department experience.
· 3 years of Clinical Documentation Integrity Specialist experience
· Experience as an educator – 2 years
· Current active State license as a Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Physician’s Assistant, Medical Doctor, Doctor of Osteopath, or an unlicensed physician who has graduated from a medical school that is listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools (World Directory) as meeting eligibility requirements for its graduates to apply to the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) for ECFMG Certification and examination at the time of graduation.
· Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist, CCDS and/or Certified Documentation Improvement Practitioner, CDIP or willing to obtain as soon as qualification met on the job.
· Master’s or higher degree in Nursing or healthcare related field
· Experience utilizing spreadsheets to gather, analyze and report data
· Knowledge of medical record investigative review
· Knowledge of hospital reimbursement models, trends, and their impact
· Knowledge of ICD-10 coding compliance and regulations
· Prosci Certified Change Practitioner
· Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Category: Quality/Clinical Effectiveness
Organization: AdventHealth Corporate
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23029446
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Facility: AdventHealth Corporate
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $42.774 - $64.161
Location: Altamonte Springs, FL
Job ID: 23029446
Job Family: Quality/Clinical Effectiveness
Shift: 1 - Day