Web Developer - Intermediate
AdventHealth Information Technology
Location Address: Orlando FL - remote capable
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Corporate
Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
Career growth and advancement potential
Award-winning IT Department
Full-Time, Monday – Friday
You Will Be Responsible For:
• Manages development activities through the entire software development life cycle.
• Recommends improvements to processes and technology that improve the effectiveness of the team.
• Analyzes requirements and create specification. Analyzes current software functionality, project requirements to understand scope of work, and impact of future design decisions. Reads, comprehends, and creates technical specifications and technical documentation.
• Under the guidance of senior development team members, designs changes and enhancements to software, in line with agreed patterns, standards and framework, prior to making any changes.
• Develops and codes according to specification and design. Effectively uses integrated development environment tools, including: editors, debuggers, etc. Develops and/or modifies software to produce the desired results while adhering to AIT standards.
• Executes testing according to specification. Develops test scripts and execute unit testing. Submits software, and associated documentation, that is fully tested to Quality Assurance. Participates in the Quality Assurance testing process and fixes interface issues found during testing.
• Liaises with customers and vendors through the software development lifecycle to resolve software challenges, as required.
• Plans and implements changes, as required. Performs peer review of production migration prior to implementation, as required. Attends change control meetings to represent any changes, as required. Creates detailed implementation plan and implements approved changes into production, as required.
• Provides accurate and timely status updates to management, escalating roadblocks as necessary.
• Troubleshoots and resolves medium-impact, medium-complexity technical challenges and problems, escalates if necessary.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Strong knowledge of Web Development using HTML, CSS and CSS preprocessors (SASS), CSS in JS, and React.js
• Experience with React.js workflows, including Babel, NPM, Webpack, Redux, Functional Components and Hooks
• Experience building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
• Experience with Test Driven Development using React Testing Library and Jest
• Experience working with RESTful APIs
• Experience with responsive web design and cross browser compatibility
• Experience with code versioning tools, such as Git, and branching/merging strategies
• Time management, communications, decision making, presentation, human relations, and organization skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
• Experience using Material UI library and customizing themes
• Experience with TypeScript
• Experience with Storybook JS
• Experience with Search Engine Optimization practices
• Familiarity with Sketch, Zeplin, or Figma
• Knowledge of healthcare business objectives and strategies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree in a field of study such as Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR a minimum of three years of relevant work experience
• Two years experience in software development covering object-oriented programming
• Experience logically comprehending technical and/or functional manuals and instructions
• Troubleshooting issue resolution experience
• Experience using an integrated development environment
• Experience working with development environments and toolsets, including: database queries, data types, flat files, data mapping, programming structures, and programming logic, to solve computing problems of low to moderate complexity
• Experience of Web Development using HTML, CSS and CSS preprocessors (SASS), CSS in JS, and React.js
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Experience of at least one web based core language used by the organization: PHP, Java, or comparable language
• Experience working in an Agile environment and awareness of both Scrum and Kanban principles.
• Experience working in JIRA
• Experience having code reviewed and reviewing other developers’ code
• Experience with Healthcare Business Operation
Under minimal levels of supervision, the Software Developer (Web) applies practical knowledge of development to create and enhance web-based applications of moderate complexity. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Information Systems
Organization: AdventHealth Information Technology
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: AdventHealth Information Tech
Req ID: 21039440
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.