AdventHealth Activities Certified Nursing Assistant CNA PRN Apopka North in Apopka, Florida
- AdventHealth Care Center’s mission to “Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ”
- The opportunity and encouragement to truly care for and love the patients/residents they serve
- The opportunity to work with like-minded co-workers who believe and support the organization’s mission
- The patient-centric focus of meeting the needs of the patient/residents
- Being part of a large healthcare organization where we can be “Greater as a Whole”
- Leads daily programs such as exercise, games, religious services, musical activities, movies, parties, and crafts.
- Announces the programs and assists residents to the area of the activity.
- Records attendance for each resident and documents individual responses.
- Reports residents’ adverse responses to the Activities Director.
- Maintains interdepartmental communication to plan special events, outings, etc.
- Sets up and cleans up supplies and areas for programs.
- Creates photo posters, welcome signs for new residents, and other communicative posters.
- Assists and motivates residents in constructing their leisure time with individual interests such as: correspondence, mail delivery, reading mail, craft work, reading, and bedside games.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Current Basic Life Support (CPR) certification
- Certified Nursing Assistant License or is enrolled in a state-approved Nurse Assistant program and passes certified testing within 120 days of employment
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Basic level of computer literacy
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.