AdventHealth Activities Certified Nursing Assistant Full Time Days Apopka North Skilled Nursing Facility in Apopka, Florida
* Activities Certified Nursing Assistant AdventHealth Care Center Apopka North*
* Location Address:*
305 E. Oak St, Apopka, FL 32703
* Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Care Center Apopka North*
- Apopka North is a LTC Skilled Nursing Facility
- AdventHealth Care Center’s mission to “Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ”
- The opportunity and encouragement to truly care for and love the patients/residents they serve
- The opportunity to work with like-minded co-workers who believe and support the organization’s mission
- The patient-centric focus of meeting the needs of the patient/residents
- Being part of a large healthcare organization where we can be “Greater as a Whole”
Full Time Days 10a-6pm
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Leads daily programs such as exercise, games, religious services, musical activities, movies, parties, and crafts.
- Announces the programs and assists residents to the area of the activity.
- Records attendance for each resident and documents individual responses.
- Reports residents’ adverse responses to the Activities Director.
- Maintains interdepartmental communication to plan special events, outings, etc.
- Sets up and cleans up supplies and areas for programs.
What You Will Need:
- Current Basic Life Support (CPR) certification from a certified instructor requiring live return demonstration, such as the American Heart Association is preferred, and required to be obtained within the first 30 days after employment
- Certified Nursing Assistant License or meets one of the following criteria that will result in certification within 120 days of employment:
- Is certified as a CNA in another state and is awaiting certification by reciprocity in current state
- Has completed and has proof of passing a certification exam, but is still awaiting the actual Certified Nursing Assistant certificate
- Must be 18 years of age or older
The Activities CNA leads therapeutic activities under the supervision of the Activity Director. The programs are organized with the assistant’s input and knowledge of the resident’s individual social, religious, educational, and recreational needs. The Activities CNA must maintain a current certified nursing assistant certification in the state they are practicing.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Care Center Apopka North
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.