AdventHealth Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s eleven campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, AdventHealth for Children, East Orlando, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Park, Waterman, Winter Garden, and AdventHealth for Women
AdventHealth Medical Group Gastroenterology and Hepatology at Apopka
Inpatient and Outpatient Opportunity at AdventHealth Apopka
Nurse Practitioner, APRN or Physician Assistant, PA-C
AdventHealth Medical Group Gastroenterology and Hepatology is looking for an APRN or PA to join their team at Apopka. Our gastroenterology experts have the skill and technologies to treat a variety of digestive problems and employ some of the latest and most effective treatments for digestive disorders available. For more information regarding our practice please use the following link: https://www.adventhealth.com/hospital/adventhealth-apopka/digestive-care.
The APRN or PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician(s) who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
• Performs physical examinations of patients; evaluation and treatment of injuries or illness of patients with GI related conditions in the inpatient and outpatient setting
• Responsible for covering the inpatient service for the practice at AdventHealth Apopka as well taking patients in the outpatient clinic at Apopka
• Treating patients with various conditions related to the full scope of the digestive system, liver functions and esophagus
• Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
• Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
• Collaborates with physician supervisor and staff, as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
• Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
• Candidate must be able to pass a third-party background check and pre-employment drug screen
• Candidate must be energetic, self-directed and willing to learn
• 1-2 years of experience as an APRN or PA-C in GI
• Master’s degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant studies
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida APRN or PA-C license
• ANCC, AANP or NCCPA (or equivalent) certification
• Current BLS and ACLS
AdventHealth Apopka is a brand new, 120 bed acute-care community hospital located in Orange County, just a short drive from Orlando, Florida. Founded in 1975, we provide a wide array of inpatient and outpatient services, ranging from critical care to specialized emergency medicine. We believe in a whole-person philosophy of care that seeks to create a true partnership with the residents of Apopka designed to help them live a healthier, fuller life. The original Apopka hospital was established and opened in 1975 but as of late 2017 we completed new construction for the all new location of AdventHealth Apopka, which is now a beautiful 120-bed 7 story campus, with capacity to grow to 200 beds.
AdventHealth is conveniently close to many gorgeous homes, downtown urban living, shopping, and great schools. As one of the most visited American cities, Orlando has world-class attractions including Universal Studios, Walt Disney World, and easy access to both coasts for numerous world renown beaches. Orlando is home to major league soccer (Orlando City Lions), NBA basketball (Orlando Magic) as well as University of Central Florida sports. The city also has many public and private universities and colleges. The Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts hosts variety of musical and theatrical performances throughout the year.
Hospital Website (https://www.adventhealth.com/hospital/adventhealth-apopka)
Orange County Parks and Recreation
Seminole County Parks and Recreation (http://www.seminolecountyfl.gov/departments-services/leisure-services/)
Orange County Florida
Osceola County Florida (https://www.osceola.org/)
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Req ID: APK-A020-DHI-GI-Repl
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: -
Location: Apopka, FL
Job ID: APK-A020-DHI-GI-Repl
Job Family: Physician Services