AdventHealth Cafeteria Assistant IV FT Days Apopka in Apopka, Florida
2100 Ocoee Apopka Rd.
Apopka, FL 32703
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth - Apopka
- AdventHealth Apopka is a seven-story, 120-bed hospital offering an extensive range of services including expanded surgical services, advanced surgical suites and a catheterization lab
- The hospital also features a 30,000-square-foot emergency department with pediatric-friendly beds, imaging services, a full-service cafeteria, chapel, gift shop and on-site fire station
- The hospital opened in December 2017, replacing the 50-bed hospital that AdventHealth had operated in downtown Apopka for more than four decades
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork
- Contributes to the 3 vital areas that are necessary for AdventHealth to grow and succeed:
- Outstanding customer service
- Cost conscience behaviors
- Quality and safety of products and work environment
- Communicates to customers in a friendly and courteous manner, while preparing and/or serving food, cleaning the dining and/or server areas, operating the cash register, etc.
- Monitors food at serving areas for fresh appearance, proper holding times, and proper temperatures; records temperatures as needed
- Adheres to all sanitation and safety standards
- Performs cleaning and sanitizing duties according to established NS guideline
What You Will Need:
- Knowledge of food items and ability to interact with customers to answer questions and to promote food offerings.
- Ability to read, write and speak English effectively.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry to include front of the house, back of the house and customer service
- Previous cash register\ cash handling experience
- Serv Safe or equivalent
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. The Nutritional Services Generalist (NSG) is cross-functional in nature and can be assigned various areas. These areas include but are not limited to cashier, food preparation, food server, deli/ salad bar, smoothie/ dessert/ coffee/ dining room attendant, etc. NSG must operate the cash register with speed and accuracy while providing world-class service. This role is responsible for preparing, serving, and\or maintaining the quality of hot or cold food items and\or maintaining the orderliness of work areas as assigned. NSG ensures that when preparing foods, they will follow recipe specifications and ensure the products meet standards for quality, taste, appearance, freshness as well as proper portions and product labeling. It is expected that a NSG meet production/service deadlines, and practice cost conscious behaviors. All sanitation, safety, cleanliness, food storage and food handling standards must be followed. This role may be expected to clean and/or stock throughout the shift.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.