AdventHealth Cath Lab Tech Intern PT Days in Apopka, Florida
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Cath Lab Tech Intern - AdventHealth - Apopka
Location Address: 2100 OCOEE APOPKA ROAD APOPKA 32703
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth – LOCATION
- AdventHealth Apopka is a seven-story, 120-bed hospital offering an extensive range of services including expanded surgical services, advanced surgical suites and a catheterization lab
- The hospital also features a 30,000-square-foot emergency department with pediatric-friendly beds, imaging services, a full-service cafeteria, chapel, gift shop and on-site fire station
- The hospital opened in December 2017, replacing the 50-bed hospital that AdventHealth had operated in downtown Apopka for more than four decades
Work Hours/Shift: Part Time Days (6:30am-3pm, 2 days/week), flexible days based on clinical schedule.
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program booklet. Performs, properly documents and reports all procedures within scope of practice in accordance with departmental policy. Adapts procedures to each patient’s medical situation obtaining all available necessary information for proper interpretation. Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac anatomy and physiology. Follows through with all details to ensure a smooth and timely flow of procedures. Maintains patient confidentiality. As skills are checked off in school, intern will bring proof of competency. Intern will be able to perform specific skill only after competency is documented by CV educator. Exhibits desire to learn and upgrade skills.
What You Will Need:
- Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification. Must be able to read, write legibly, and perform basic mathematic skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Entered the final semester of CVT education with documented skills from the school. Proof of satisfactory completion of first three semester courses and skills and continued enrollment in accredited educational program.
- Currently in good academic standing at accredited CVT program.
The Cardiovascular Intern is a CVT student in the second year of CVT education. The Intern assists the staff in the technical performance of various cardiovascular procedures. Assists physicians with procedures. Is knowledgeable in and carries out all applicable processes of the department. Assumes responsibility for designated areas or procedures. Performs additional duties as requested. Participates in the FH performance Improvement program. The duration of the internship is 120 hours. Adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
May use the title “CVT Intern” until graduation from program. The employee may remain as an intern only for the 120 working hours and only if a position is available and the employee has satisfactory performance.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Apopka
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.