All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits and Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Sign-on Bonus: $3,750
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift : Days - M-F; 8A-4:30P, NO WEEKENDS
The community you’ll be caring for: Cancer Institute at 4000 Waterman Way, Tavares, FL 32778
The role you’ll contribute: The Medical Assistant works under the supervision of the physician and in cooperation with other office staff in assisting with safe and effective patient care in compliance with established standards and protocols of the practice and Florida Hospital – East Region goals and objectives.
The value you’ll bring to the team
· Provides safe and effective patient care under direction of the physician and/or nurse manager.
· Escorts patients from waiting area into exam room. Documents brief history of reason for visit and obtains and records vital signs following traditional techniques.
· Performs initial and ongoing assessment of patients presenting for care, utilizing guidelines established by Florida Hospital – East Region.
· Performs diagnostic and therapeutic measures as prescribed by the physician.
· Documents and administers immunizations and therapeutic injections, as well as medications, under the supervision of the physician.
· Schedules patients for procedures, diagnostic testing or specialists, as directed by the physician.
· Assists physician with office procedures.
· Performs venipuncture and stat lab work, as ordered by the physician, during the patient visit. Prepares specimens for outside lab testing.
· Documents patient information in medical record that includes observation, care administered, results of diagnostic tests, and patient’s response, when indicated.
· Relays laboratory and x-ray results to patients, via telephone or mail, as directed by the physician. Maintains a log of diagnostic tests, ordered and received, as well as notification of patient.
· Accepts and communicates all telephone messages to the physician.
· Demonstrates competence in the performance of all patient care duties.
· Coordinates the physician’s workday and interacts with patients to resolve issues as appropriate.
· Communicates patient care concerns to appropriate personnel, bringing situations out of his/her realm to the attention of the supervisor.
· Upon request, communicates physician directions to patient via return telephone calls.
· Provides follow-up by telephoning patient/family to check on condition.
· Provides and documents patient/family teaching based on an assessment of needs, as directed by the physician.
· Demonstrates proficiency in the use of medical equipment, as appropriate, within the scope of the practice.
· Assists patients with ambulation using proper technique and tools.
· Telephones or faxes prescription requests to pharmacies as directed by the physician.
· Maintains exam rooms are neat and clean between each patient use.
· Organizes and straightens work area at the end of the shift. Wipes surfaces with disinfectant. Returns all stock and forms to appropriate level. Work area is to be left ready for next shift.
· Maintains responsibility for clinical aspect of practice
· Assumes responsibility for inventory control of clinical supplies, ensuring adequate levels are kept, and organized, on an ongoing basis
· Provides control and maintenance of bio hazardous waste and sharps.
· Labels samples according to protocol before they are dispensed to patients.
· Relieves other staff members as indicated for scheduled and unscheduled breaks.
· Other duties as assigned or as needed.
· Minimum of a high school degree or equivalent and graduation from a vocational or other technical school with training or apprenticeship.
· Three to six months customer service or similar work experience.
· Proficiency must be attained via on-the-job training, and orientation, within 3 months.
· Certification as a medical assistant or emergency medical technician.
· BLS/CPR certification is required.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Patient Care
Organization: AdventHealth Waterman
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23048087_1
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: -
Location: Apopka, FL
Job ID: 23048087_1
Job Family: Patient Care
Shift: 1 - Day