All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
$5,000 Sign-on Bonus
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time (36 hours – 3/12s)
Shift : Night, 7p-7a
The community you’ll be caring for:
Location: 2100 Apopka Ocoee Rd, Apopka, FL 32703
· AdventHealth Apopka is a seven-story, 120-bed hospital offering an extensive range of services including expanded surgical services, advanced surgical suites and a catheterization lab
· The hospital also features a 30,000-square-foot emergency department with pediatric-friendly beds, imaging services, a full-service cafeteria, chapel, gift shop and on-site fire station
· The hospital opened in December 2017, replacing the 50-bed hospital that AdventHealth had operated in downtown Apopka for more than four decades
The role you’ll contribute:
The ED Advanced Multi Tech performs patient care under the direction of and as assigned by the Charge nurse, registered nurse and/or physician or their designee. Performs general clinical, non-clinical and clerical services necessary to expedite the efficient functioning of the nursing unit consistent with the philosophy, goals, policies and procedures. Utilizes age-specific competencies in the care of all patient populations. Adheres to the AdventHealth corporate compliance plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
· Valid State Licensure as a Paramedic
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
· Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
· Pediatric Advanced Life Support PALS or Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (Not applicable for Adult only Emergency Departments)
· Completion of a paramedic program
· Demonstrated clinical competence in relevant areas
· Knowledge of regulatory requirements
· Ability to deal efficiently and effectively with a wide variety of individuals
· Ability to remain calm and focused during in stressful and/or emotionally charged situations
· Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to be highly detail oriented
· Highly analytical and detailed oriented
· Demonstrated customer service skills with a patient centric approach
· Must be able to read, write, speak, and have good comprehension of conversational English
· Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
· One year ED or pre-hospital paramedic experience
· Monitor Tech cross-training
· Critical Care Paramedic Program completion
· Associates of Science (AS) degree
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Attaches 12 lead EKG’s and completes test before giving strip to physician on duty. Initiates cardiac monitoring, demonstrates ability to detect dysrhythmias and notifies the assigned nurse or charge nurse of abnormalities. Initiates oxygen therapy as directed by RN or Physician. Performs venipuncture for testing.
· Inserts peripheral venous access (IV) and intraosseous (IO), with or without the use of Point of Care Ultrasound (POCUS), hangs IV fluid without medication and maintains prescribed IV flow rates. Observes and documents condition of infusion site. Removes IV Lines as directed by RN.
· Transports unmonitored patient to inpatient departments as needed, transports stable (no blood infusion drips or no oxygen > 50%) monitored patients to PCU/med-tele, or accompanies RN to transport patient to specialty units.
· Assists physician or RN with procedures and exams (i.e., set up and clean up for sutures, pelvic exams, lumbar punctures, application of orthopedic splints and casting, etc.) Applies slings, sling-n-swathe, orthopedic splints, application of dressings, etc. with proper competencies. Follows CDC isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs hand washing according to policy and enforces safety regulations.
· Is a customer service champion as demonstrated by Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation, and Thank You (AIDET), keeping patients informed, providing information and updates to patients, apologizing for waits, demonstrating caring, compassion, and concern, demonstrating a sense of urgency, advocating for pain management, and ensuring that patients can get help at any time. Performs hourly rounding on patients to keep them informed and to ensure that the patients have call bells, pillows, blankets as needed, that care givers names are on the boards (applicable campuses), and that patient and family needs are exceeded.
· Performs accurate order entry within Epic.
· Provides patient care appropriate to age, mobility, acuity and culture. Participates in obtaining medical history and allergies.
· Administers ACLS medications when physician present at bedside
· May initiate, perform, document, and adhere to medication administration policy as it relates to panels within EPIC under the supervision of an ED Registered Nurse (RN)
· Maintains (room and work area organization and stocking levels) per 5 S principles. Maintains rooms and work area cleanliness
· Manages phone calls, notifies physician of all back results, orders diets, etc. Relieves HUC as assigned
· Performs administrative duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or unit
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Applicable annual comps must be obtained and placed in the employee file.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Emergency Services
Organization: AdventHealth Apopka
Shift: 3 - Night
Req ID: 23039405
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $17.3 - $25.96
Location: Apopka, FL
Job ID: 23039405
Job Family: Emergency Services
Shift: 3 - Night