All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift : DAYS
The role you’ll contribute:
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall management of the laundry and ensures that all
production is completed in a safe and highly effective manner. The Executive Director develops and
recommends methodologies that ensure the department operates within budget, evaluating supply and
labor usage needed to meet established metrics. Overlooks the linen services for 24 AdventHealth acute
care centers, Centra Care Clinics, MOBs and other ancillary facilities throughout the state of Florida. The
Executive Director develops new business opportunities, implements the training and development of
team members and oversees the safety, procurement and supply of industrial chemicals, products and
machinery for the plant. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility
in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Leads and oversees the delivery and performance of the Laundry system-wide. Responsible for the overall management of the laundry and ensures that all production is completed in a safe and highly effective manner.
• Evaluates current systems and processes, develops and implements system-wide standards and methodologies for a comprehensive laundry and linen program including: preventive, corrective and routine maintenance, energy conservation, product quality and cleanliness and performance management.
• Overlooks the linen services for 24 AdventHealth acute care centers, Centra Care Clinics, MOBs and other ancillary facilities throughout the state of Florida.
• Develops support and training programs to ensure all staff is knowledgeable of current codes and regulations with regulatory agency requirements, such as, Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), OSHA, Health Department, DNV/The Joint Commission), Healthcare Laundry Accreditation Council (HLAC) and with internal policies and procedures.
• Maintains records and statistics for administrative and regulatory purposes.
• Controls expenses within area of responsibility. Develops and implements processes that ensure departments operate within budget. Evaluates supply and labor usage as needed to meet budgetary metrics. Provides completed reports as required to document operational and financial performance.
• Works with Managers to forecast capital expenditures and plans accordingly. Oversees the procurement and supply of industrial chemicals and products.
• Provides strategic input and direction for laundry facility upgrades, and administrative oversight of director's day-to-day operations, ensuring long term durability of the laundry's engineering systems.
• Develops and creates ideas, processes and approaches that shape the future, takes risks and makes decisions based on facts. Uses analysis and critical thinking skills to solve problems and ensures that decisions are aligned with strategic directions of the organization.
• Develops new business opportunities to maximize the Laundry Facility's capabilities.
• Consistently looks for areas of cost improvement while maintaining high performance and customer satisfaction. Meets quarterly with campus administrative directors and key personnel at the Linen Advisory Committee to solicit customer feedback, develop relationships and evaluate initiatives.
• Supports and encourages staff professional development through participation in educational programs and professional organizations, and activities to maintain knowledge of national trends and to promote leading edge performance.
• Ensures all Laundry departments maintain effective and appropriate communication and customer service within all sectors of the community including; approval agencies, community boards and private citizens.
• Encourages and promotes community involvement within departments through participation in activities/organizations, such as, the American Heart Walk, Habitat for Humanity, United Way, Adopt-a-Family, the AdventHealth Foundation and other campaigns.
• Promotes good staffing practices by maximizing the utilization of human resources; forecasts and anticipates personnel needs with regard to fluctuations in the projected workload.
• Builds capabilities within departments by coaching, developing, evaluating and mentoring directors and other team members.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field
• 8 to 10 years of commercial laundry experience in large-scale plants, to include 5 to 7 years of management experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
• Certification as a Laundry and Linen Director from the Association for Linen Management
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Environmental Services
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23031529
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $60.161 - $90.242
Location: Apopka, FL
Job ID: 23031529
Job Family: Environmental Services
Shift: 1 - Day