AdventHealth Mammography Tech - PRN in Apopka, Florida
Mammography Technologist - PRN - AdventHealth Apopka
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Apopka
AdventHealth Apopka is a seven-story, 120-bed hospital offering an extensive range of services including expanded surgical services, advanced surgical suites and a catheterization lab
The hospital also features a 30,000-square-foot emergency department with pediatric-friendly beds, imaging services, a full-service cafeteria, chapel, gift shop and on-site fire station
The hospital opened in December 2017, replacing the 50-bed hospital that AdventHealth had operated in downtown Apopka for more than four decades
- Part Time/Full Time/PRN (Insert Shift Info)
- Produces quality radiographs per the procedure manual. Documents history utilizes appropriate exposure, positioning, patient ID and markers. Reviews all images for evidence and accuracy of RT/LT marker placement and proper orientation.
- Completes work in appropriate timeframe and ensures accuracy and completeness of work performed.
- Utilizes computer system to update exam status, cancel/update orders as needed. Ensures charges match procedure completed. Confirms proper exam/patient assignment before releasing images to PACS for interpretation.
- Performs daily, weekly, monthly, semi-annual Quality Assurance on all Mammography units and processors.
- Operates and maintains Imaging equipment in a safe manner. Adheres to all infection control standards. Utilizes knowledge of personal protective equipment (PPE) to protect from exposure to chemical, radiation and/or biohazard.
- Performs mammography and DXA exams and operates all Imaging equipment in assigned area. Utilizes the knowledge and skills for age-specific factors necessary to perform safe and effective procedures on patients of adult and geriatric ages. The knowledge and skills are acquired through formal training, in-service, continuing education and/or experience.
- Current valid State of Florida license as a General Radiographer
- ARRT ( R )
- ARRT ( M )
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Current Florida driver’s license, class E and driving record in accordance with AdventHealth policy (cc 3100 only)
- Minimum of one year in Mammography (Preferred)
- Minimum of one year of experience performing stereotactic core biopsies (Preferred)
- Minimum of one year of experience performing breast needle localizations (Preferred)
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.