AdventHealth Nurse Educator FT Apopka in Apopka, Florida
* Nurse Educator Med/Surg and Med/Tele AdventHealth Apopka*
* Location Address:* 2100 Ocoee Apopka Road, Apopka, FL 32703
* Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Apopka*
- AdventHealth Apopka is a seven-story, 120-bed hospital offering an extensive range of services including expanded surgical services, advanced surgical suites, and a catheterization lab.
- The hospital also features a 30,000 square-foot Emergency Department with pediatric friendly beds, imaging services, a full-service cafeteria, gift shop and on-site fire station.
- The hospital opened in December 2017, replacing the 50-bed hospital that AdventHealth had operated in downtown Apopka for more than four decades.
- Want to see what it’s like to work with us?Click here (https://visit360five.com/start.php?id=213458) for a virtual tour of our Apopka campus!
* Work Hours/Shift:* Full-time, Days
* You Will Be Responsible For:*
- Utilizes principles of education, adult learning and, for nurses, bases all activities on the professional growth pathway of the Novice to Expert continuum. Integrates current published research and literature into all learning activities. Maintains knowledge of national and local trends in nursing practice.
- * Orientation:* Creates, plans, implements and coordinates orientation for individuals new to the nursing unit/department. Monitors and reports compliance with required documentation for orientation. Evaluates unit/department orientation process based on health care trends, learning needs and organizational goals.
- * Training/Role Transition:* Creates, plans, implements and coordinates activities related to training of new graduate and experienced nurses new to the unit/department. Activities to include coaching of new nurse, performance evaluation and growth plans, in collaboration with management, if necessary. Monitors and reports compliance with required documentation for training. Evaluates training/role transition process based on health care trends, learning needs and organizational goals.
- * Leadership:* Actively participates, communicates and serves as a positive change agent for all units’/departments’, campuses’ and system’s initiatives/goals and leadership activities. Participates as required in recruitment and interviewing of staff.
- * Career Development:* Facilitates and evaluates activities related to career development and succession planning for assigned staff, in collaboration with unit/department leadership. Counsels assigned staff related to their career pathway.
- * Continuing Education/Continued Competency:* Creates, plans, implements and coordinates activities related to systematic professional learning experiences, based on needs assessments, designed to augment the knowledge, skills and attitudes of assigned staff including continuing education, in-service education, continued competence based on unit/department needs, organization initiatives/goals and policy revisions. Monitors and reports compliance with required education.
- * Academic Partnership:* Facilitates a supportive environment for academic partnership by ensuring appropriate student placement and a positive student experience within the unit/department.
* What Will You Need:*
* Education and Experience Required*
- Bachelor of Science (BSN) OR Master of Science (MSN) degree
- Three-five years experience in the area of specialty applying for – PCU level experience
- Previous teaching experience in formal/informal settings
_ Education and Experience Preferred_
- Master of Science degree
- Prior experience as a nurse educator
* Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required*
- Current, valid Florida State of Nursing license as a registered professional nurse
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider Certification
- Advanced Life Support Provider Certification, per specialty
_ Licensure, Certification, or Registration Preferred:_
- Certification as Nursing Professional Development Educator
- Certification in clinical or educator specialty
- Basic or advanced life support instructor, depending on specialty (Instructor certification overrides Provider certification)
* Job Summary*
The Nurse Educator is responsible for facilitating the development of clinical excellence in assigned areas through active participation in orientation, training/role transition, career development, continuing education/continued competence and academic partnerships. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Apopka
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.