AdventHealth Observation Aide Sitter Apopka PRN Nights in Apopka, Florida
Observation Aide Direct Observer Non-Behavioral Health Units AdventHealth Apopka
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth
• PRN Nights 7p-7a
- Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s core values of Quality & Service Excellence, Community Well-Being, High Ethical Standards, Stewardship, and Inclusiveness; as outlined in the organization’s Professional Practice Model.
- Demonstrates qualities such as kindness, compassion, understanding, respect, sense of humor, discretion and confidentiality.
- Communicates effectively through use of talking and listening.
- Maintains mental and emotional stability, using a courteous and calm approach in all contacts with patients, visitors, and health care team members.
- Assists in and documents the delivery of patient care by performing specific patient care tasks as directed by the RN. These tasks may include (but are not limited to):
- Provides direct observation to 1-2 patients while performing the sitter role.
- Hygienic care - bathing, dressing, and grooming; demonstrating these skills as necessary.
- Feeds patient needing assistance or encouragement.
- Familiarizing patient with environment.
- Repositioning the patient as appropriate.
- Assist with other activities of daily living.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- High School graduate or GED Certificate
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- State of Florida Nursing Assistant Certification (CNA), Medical Assistant (MA), Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), or Paramedic OR
- Completion of first clinical semester from a nursing school
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Current Non-Violent Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) Certification
Under supervision of a professional nurse, Observation Aide provides continual observation to one or two patients, and assists the nursing staff in providing a clean, safe environment for the patient. This may include performing specific duties and activities of daily living in caring for adult, adolescent, and pediatric patients. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, federal agencies, and accrediting bodies. Adheres to confidential information that is defined by requirements of the law and hospital personnel who are expected to obey strict ethical standards in keeping it secure. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.