AdventHealth Respiratory Care Clinical Specialist FT Nights in Apopka, Florida
Respiratory Care Clinical Specialist -AdventHealth Apopka
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Apopka
- AdventHealth Apopka is a seven-story, 120-bed hospital offering an extensive range of services including expanded surgical services, advanced surgical suites and a catheterization lab
- The hospital also features a 30,000-square-foot emergency department with pediatric-friendly beds, imaging services, a full-service cafeteria, chapel, gift shop and on-site fire station
- The hospital opened in December 2017, replacing the 50-bed hospital that AdventHealth had operated in downtown Apopka for more than four decades
- Full Time 3 12’s Nights
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Functions as a collaborative member and respiratory clinical resource for the interdisciplinary team.
- Acts as a patient safety advocate, ensures quality care through continuing knowledge of evidence-based practices.
- Practices and enforces the principles of standard precautions and enforces safety regulations; according, to hospital policies on a continual basis. Ensures that documentation and charges for procedures are accurately completed.
- Assists with clinical instruction, precepting, and skills check offs of other therapists. Completes performance monitors and/or competency assessment as needed.
- Serves as a clinical resource /expert at initiating and administering complex therapeutic interventions such as HFOV, HFJV and Nitric Oxide therapy.
- Responds to Code Blue emergencies, immediately providing CPR; according, to the American Heart Association guidelines.
What You Will Need:
- Associate degree from a Respiratory Therapy or Cardiopulmonary Science program
- Bachelor’s degree in Respiratory Therapy or Cardiopulmonary Science Program (Preferred)
- Valid State of Florida license as a Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) – Only for CC: 0520, 1520, 3604, 3728, 4270, 5040, 7630, 7637, 9390
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) – Only for CC: 1520, 4270, 7633, 7637
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) – Only for CC: 1520, 3604, 3728, 4270, 7633, 7637
The Respiratory Care Clinical Specialist is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the treatment, care, and needs of an assigned group of patients. Functions as an Advanced Respiratory Therapist; ability to accept leadership responsibility in the absence of a Supervisor, as directed. Adheres to AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.