AdventHealth RN Infusion Cancer Services Asheville in Asheville, North Carolina
REGISTERED NURSE INFUSION CANCER SVCS ASHEVILLE
AdventHealth Hendersonville/Park Ridge
100 Hospital Drive Hendersonville NC 28792
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Hendersonville
- Community involvement
- Located in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
- Great benefits
- Co-workers who feel like family
- Faith based environment
FT Days, 40 hours per week
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Assists physicians in providing care to patients with oncology and hematology conditions.
· Maintains accurate nursing documentation including patient histories, conditions, treatments, vital signs, responses, and assessment of changes.
· Responds quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment.
· Communicates effectively with front office staff to coordinate patient care.
· Provides care that reflects initiative, flexibility, and responsibility indicative of professional expectation with a minimum supervision
· Shows responsibility for own professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops.
· Maintains current knowledge of medications and chemotherapy drugs and correct drug administration while following the Five Medication Rights to reduce medication errors.
· Prioritizes care based on physical and psychosocial needs, as well as factors influencing patient flow through the system.Qualifications
What You Will Need:
- Licensed RN in the state of North Carolina required
- OCN (Oncology Certified Nurse) certification within one year of hire required (nor required for PRN)
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- Chemotherapy and Biotherapy experience preferred
- Chemo/Bio course by PRH Cancer Services within three months of hire required
- Current BLS certification required
- Able to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing required
- Additional languages preferred
Perform chemotherapy administration, physician assistance, information gathering, sample collection, patient education, patient follow-up, supply maintenance and consultation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.