ED Manager AdventHealth Ocala
Location Address: 1500 SW 1 st Ave Ocala, Florida 34471
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Ocala
Horse Capital of the World
Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
Spectacular springs throughout the county
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers—in person or on the telephone.
· Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments.
· Participates and ensures that rounding for outcomes occur daily.
· Promotes and validates ICARE compliance.
· Maintains responsibility for nursing units on 24/7 basis, unless otherwise approved.
· Performs duties in a timely manner and provides updates if delays occur.
· Adheres to Advent Health standards for dress and professional appearance.
· Collaborates with staff and peers to create optimal synergy and outcomes.
· Completes behavioral-based interviewing for all new hires.
· Participates in 30, 60, and 90-day evaluations of new staff, and, completes meaningful annual evaluation of existing staff.
· Meets regularly with staff to obtain feedback and provide guidance to improve outcomes.
· Complies with Advent Health corrective action process.
· Monitors and maintains acceptable compliance with productivity goals. Will complete monthly variance report with appropriate action plans.
· Facilitates patient throughput. Validation by decreased LWOT percentage, and acceptable transfer times and daily discharge times.
· Participates in quality improvement activities to improve processes and patient care.
· Implements actions as appropriate based on benchmarks and data specific to the departments.
· Continually monitors vacancy and turnover rates, to be submitted monthly. Will implement strategies for staff retention.
· Complete and submit departmental reports on a monthly basis.
· Demonstrates accountability by taking responsibility for decisions, actions and results.
· Maintains regulatory agency preparedness.
· Participates in staff development by ensuring education, advancement of staff skills and certifications.
· Serve as mentor and advisor to facilitate professional growth of Unit Staff.
· Plans new projects or expansions, including equipment, staffing and space requirements.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Incumbents must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and to demonstrate that she/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
· Must have working knowledge of budgets and healthcare finance and leadership capabilities.
· Has ability to work a varied schedule, to include night and weekend hours, with visibility to all shifts.
What You Will Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Associates degree in Nursing or related field
· Three years of experience in clinical specialty.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Two -years of leadership role experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current RN or APRN license to work in state of Florida
· Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, AND
· Valid AHA Advanced life support certification (ACLS, PALS, & NIHSS) per specialty/unit requirements
The Nurse Manager supervises, coordinates, and performs patient care delivery on the assigned nursing units and is accountable for meeting standards. Supports Acute Care Services by planning, directing, and evaluating all nursing service functions and activities for the assigned patient care unit/units to ensure delivery of optimal available quality patient care and organizational effectiveness.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Emergency Services
Organization: AdventHealth Ocala
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: AdventHealth Belleview ER
Req ID: 21012933
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.