All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One for FT/PT positions
· Paid Time Off from Day One for FT/PT positions
· Paid Parental Leave for FT/PT positions
· Student Loan Repayment Program for FT/PT positions
· Career Development
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
· Mental Health Resources and Support
· Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Part-time weekends, 24 hours a week.
Every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 2:00pm - 10:30pm.
Schedule is subject to change.
Location: UChicago AdventHealth Bolingbrook Hospital
500 Remington Blvd, Bolingbrook, IL
The role you’ll contribute:
Security is responsible for maintaining a secure environment at the front line of service. To ensure that patients, employees, visitors, and guests are served and protected and that all contents and assets of AdventHealth are secured and that potentially harmful, dangerous, or unsafe situations or conditions are anticipated and addressed.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Patrols assigned areas, searching for fire or other safety hazards, presence of unauthorized persons or other potential sources of crime or harm to persons or property.
· Maintains secure facilities, ensuring entrances are locked as required, controlling authorized access to rooms and offices, removing loiterers and unruly persons and so forth.
· Responds according to procedures to burglar, robbery and fire alarms, disturbances, suspicious persons, accidents, various public service calls and other miscellaneous incidents.
· Intervenes as necessary to confront and restrain hostile and abusive persons in a manner necessary to reduce risk of personal injury or disruption of operations.
· Conducts preliminary investigation on complaints, incidents and accidents. Prepares written reports on activities and investigations.
· Enforces all hospital safety and security rules and regulations as required including but not limited to smoking and parking policies.
· Perform all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of AdventHealth.
· Responsible for maintaining departmental equipment in good repair. Upkeep of uniform, accessories, and personal hygiene.
· Assists and escorts patients, visitors, and employees to parking areas if an unsafe environment or situation exists.
· Performs routine safety checks and cleaning of department vehicles.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Must be able to read and write to conduct investigations and complete reports and must be able to deal effectively with people at a level generally acquired through completion of a high school diploma.
· Must have interpersonal skills necessary to provide courteous assistance to employees, visitors, and staff and to confront and control potentially hostile persons.
· Must be capable of providing effective assistance in restraining abusive or hostile persons.
· Analytical ability to utilize Outlook, Excel, Word, CCTV, and Access Control Systems.
· Required to have a minimum of 20 Hours Training as outlined by the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation. Certification as a Peace Officer in the State of Illinois waives this requirement.
· Required to have a valid State of Illinois Driver’s License and a clean MVR record free from moving violations. If at any time during the course of employment, the employee loses driving privileges due to expiration, suspension, revocation etc. he/she must not operate any Vehicles and must notify their immediate Supervisor of the situation.
· Completion of New Officer Training Class within the first 3 months. Defensive Tactics, CPI, Use Of Force, and Taser
· Required to complete and be certified in IAHSS Basic Course within first 6 months. The Regional Security Training Manager will provide necessary information for completion.
· Completion of all Organizational training annually.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Experience with C-Cure, Continuum, AccessIT
· Experience with CCTV
· Experience with report writing software
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High School Diploma or equivalent education
· 2 years of security experience
· Associate’s degree or higher in criminal justice or a related field
· Military experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
Driver’s License credentialed from the Illinois Department of Motor Vehicles (IL-DMV)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
IAHSS Basic, Advanced, or Supervisor Course
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Organization: UChicago Medicine AdventHealth Bolingbrook
Shift: 3 - Night
Req ID: 24003774
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Part-time
Pay Range: $18.00 - $24.04
Location: Bolingbrook, IL
Job ID: 24003774
Job Family: Security
Shift: 3 - Night