AdventHealth Certified Scrub Tech Full Time Days in Burleson, Texas
Certified Scrub Tech - Texas Health Huguley- operated as joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Location Address: 11801 South Fwy., Burleson, TX 76028
Top Reasons to Work At Texas Health Huguley, Burleson, TX
Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
Award winning facility and departments including “Great Place to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review and Gallup.
Work with the latest technology and top experts including “Daisy Award” recipients while on the way to Magnet status—2020.
Amazing medical benefits through Aetna plus an onsite full-service fitness center.
Growth opportunities designed for each employee.
Located about 10 minutes from downtown Fort Worth and near TCU in the award-winning school district, Burleson ISD which also provides a low-cost of living.
Full Time / Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Demonstrates competence and knowledge of aseptic techniques and surgical procedures, including OR dress policy, to ensure a safe environment and preparation for surgery.
· Maintains aseptic technique. Reports any break in aseptic technique to circulator to prevent infection.
· Performs proper counts per operating room policy and procedures alerting circulator when necessary of closure so count can be done.
· Ensures that instruments, supplies and equipment are ready for surgery.
· Demonstrates proficiency in the use of instruments and equipment necessary for a procedure as shown by ability to scrub for specialized cases as observed.
· Practices and compiles with infection control Universal Precautions techniques and OSHA Regulations regarding Blood Borne Pathogens and Infectious Wastes.
· Gives concise, accurate and pertinent information to circulating nurse during surgery, so correct documentation can be made.
· Responsible for giving specimens to circulating nurse.
· Participates as an effective member of the OR team/unit to facilitate the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
What You Will Need:
· Graduate of an approved operating technology course (or trained before grandfather clause).
· Currently certified to practice as a CST.
· Six months of surgery experience preferred.
Functions as a scrub nurse under supervision of a registered nurse. Provides needed sterile instruments and equipment to surgeon, anticipating needs and working in cohesion with other team members. Must be able to communicate with doctors, patients, staff, other nurses and medical personnel.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.